8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wat up everyone, i am currently in the market of getting a catback and i am interested in these 3 so i just wanted to get some opinions...

Im looking for the best catback that will give me the best performance, without allot of noise.

Tanabe Medalion Touring
Greddy SP2
A'Pexi WS2

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I drove a white rsx type-s with a greddy sp2 and couldnt even hear it over the intake. I'd go with either the SP2 or WS2, whatever has the bigger piping.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
You know what I would do if I wanted something around as quiet as those, I would get the megan 2.5" midpipe and run the stock or hfp axleback. If not, I would go just a tad louder and get the greddy evo2 or comptech.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
i have the tanabe and its quiet as hell. i love it. i think someone said that its more restrictive as stock but im not sure. i dont think the exhaust right now in our stage of the game makes that much difference. look at freq's dyno. i prefered to keep it really quiet since i got the race header which made my old exhaust really loud. just understand that if you get the race header and you dont want a loud ass exhaust you will probably want stock or tanabe imo.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
The Tanabe MT is a really nice unit, quite but a little throatier than stock. It is refined and all stainless steel.

It seems that you are looking for a quieter exhaust and Tanabe or Apexi WS II would take care of that for you. Tanabe is a little nicer IMO.

PM me if you need any of those.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thnx for all the replys!! :thumb:

im leaning more towards the tanabe, but is it worth the price difference against the ws ?????

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dwn4nythng said:
Greddy Evo2 is good. Its pretty quiet until you stomp on the gas
Evo2 "was" my first choice, but then a buddy of mines got his and it was a tiny bit louder than i expected, don't get me wrong i love the way it sounds, i already had a ls/vtec with my loud as catback in the past, so i want to go a different route this time with a more stock looking and sounding catback with more performance than noise :lildevil: ....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
slow4drsi said:
just change ur pipe take out the resonator use ur stock muffler it's not that loud
I had the same idea, but i was wondering if their was allot of restriction in the stock muffler.

I don't mind if its louder but im not looking for a fart cannon that you hear from a mile away "cuz i have been their and it gets very annoying after a while"

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im also getting DCRH so thats why i want to get either the SP2, WS, or Tanabe Medalion, because once that goes it its getting louder regardless.

im just going to go listen to some sound clips........

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
FG207Si said:
yah i didn't think so....
Bro, if you're willing to spend the money on the tanabe, why don't you just go a little more and get the comptech. Probably your best bet imo for what you're talking about wanting. I'm switching from the skunk2 70mm to comptech due to the rh I have.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
GlxyGry06Si said:
i have the tanabe and its quiet as hell. i love it. i think someone said that its more restrictive as stock but im not sure. i dont think the exhaust right now in our stage of the game makes that much difference. look at freq's dyno. i prefered to keep it really quiet since i got the race header which made my old exhaust really loud. just understand that if you get the race header and you dont want a loud ass exhaust you will probably want stock or tanabe imo.
+1

Stock or tanabe medallion FTW!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excalibur said:
Bro, if you're willing to spend the money on the tanabe, why don't you just go a little more and get the comptech. Probably your best bet imo for what you're talking about wanting. I'm switching from the skunk2 70mm to comptech due to the rh I have.
does any one have sound clips of the comptech....
or any links..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts