8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone altered their tanabe cat back. i have heard they are more restrictive but reading their website they say its a straight thru muffler. i was wondering if anyone had taken out the resonator that came with it and if it changed the sound. dont get me wrong i love they way mine sounds but im just cruious if there would be a hp change or a change in sound. i am going to take the axle back off soon and see how that sounds.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
GlxyGry06Si said:
has anyone altered their tanabe cat back. i have heard they are more restrictive but reading their website they say its a straight thru muffler. i was wondering if anyone had taken out the resonator that came with it and if it changed the sound. dont get me wrong i love they way mine sounds but im just cruious if there would be a hp change or a change in sound. i am going to take the axle back off soon and see how that sounds.
losing a res is gunna sound ricey, especially if u only have 1 to begin with which most aftermarket exhausts only have 1..

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
slimfit said:
Does anyone have any proof that this exhaust is more restrictive than stock?
i think freq did but he also had that a cai was pointless as well as an exhaust. sooo.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48424

i think this is the only thing that says it. i just find it hard to believe that tanabe would creat something that is that expensive to be more restrictive.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would like to see something else if anyone can find it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts