8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm one modification away from getting tuned and my question is who do I choose? I have a 08 si sedan and it is my dd. I have an aem sri, vibrant catless header, vibrant exhaust and of course flashpro. I'm waiting for my j35 tb and gasket to arrive. I have the imt bard for the tb too. I have a rick spec'd sri and catch can waiting for install. A few things about the direction I'm going in with my car. No all motor or supercharge build here. Just a fun handeling dd. I'll be saving that for my eg hatch! I want to of course maximize the power output of the mods I have and before you say, you know you should really get a better header and 3'' exhaust remember I'll be building a hatch. I've read reviews on all the tuners and want your personal opinions good or bad. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Steve (BV1) has been tuning my car for quite some time and i have been really pleased with his customer service. At one point during my initial use of flashpro, i ran into a problem with uploading a calibration. Steve helped me out (turned out to be a software problem) and went so far as to talk to me on the phone and guide me through resolving the problem using Team Viewer.
I based my decision to go with him on the bio i read on the e-tunez website, though i have heard only good things about the other tuners as well (many people use Vit).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve (BV1) has been tuning my car for quite some time and i have been really pleased with his customer service. At one point during my initial use of flashpro, i ran into a problem with uploading a calibration. Steve helped me out (turned out to be a software problem) and went so far as to talk to me on the phone and guide me through resolving the problem using Team Viewer.
I based my decision to go with him on the bio i read on the e-tunez website, though i have heard only good things about the other tuners as well (many people use Vit).
Thanks for the imput and I only saw that steve and vit had bios on the etunez website which I like. Its nice to know where they learned and how they got started with tuning cars.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm currently getting tuned by Steve (BV1), and three experience so far has been great, I've heard good things about all of them, so you shouldn't go wrong with any of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm currently getting tuned by Steve (BV1), and three experience so far has been great, I've heard good things about all of them, so you shouldn't go wrong with any of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I agree you can't go wrong with any of them!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I went with Vit, he is tunning my cams and has tuned me several times before. No complaints. Steve tuned my buddies car, he too is please with the results. Cant go wrong with these guys.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Vit would be my recommendation! Not done with my tune and car pulls!!!
Just curious, what revision number are you on? Also, is there any roads you recommend to do the Edyno around Houston as well? I live near midtown/heights area and the roads are straight up terrible! :deadhorse:

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Just curious, what revision number are you on? Also, is there any roads you recommend to do the Edyno around Houston as well? I live near midtown/heights area and the roads are straight up terrible! :deadhorse:
Lol i drive down 288 and do the WOT at an exit. Im well over revision 15 and just started doing some DL's again since i just installed my IM and J35

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Good to know. btw, how are you liking the IM and the J35 throttle body? i'm on full boltons right now and unsure of what direction to go to now lol

·
Registered
970 Posts
I went with Steve(BV1). Really cool guy with awesome customer service. Will pretty much do anything to get the car to feel how you want it.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
What to do.... Get the J35 and RRC lol
lmfao... mannn...i just slapped on header, exhaust, motor mounts like last week and getting tuned...

not sure whether to keep going preformance (RRC + J35 + Rick Spec'd SRI + another tune) or take the plunge and get coilovers and another set of wheels lol

RRC + J35 + 3.5" Intake would be too sick though! ARGHH

1 - 20 of 31 Posts