8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past month my steering has been making this horrific clunking noise everytime i turn the steering wheel to a certain spot. It does it when i pull away from a curb or do a sharp turn. I scares me to think that there is something wrong with my steering. And also I'm going to get my transmission fluid changed my third gear problem is getting really bad now with winter and the cold.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do?
Advice?

:iorun:

·
Registered
834 Posts
For the past month my steering has been making this horrific clunking noise everytime i turn the steering wheel to a certain spot. It does it when i pull away from a curb or do a sharp turn. I scares me to think that there is something wrong with my steering. And also I'm going to get my transmission fluid changed my third gear problem is getting really bad now with winter and the cold.

Has this happened to anyone else and if so what did you do?
Advice?

:iorun:
You know now that you mentioned it, maybe its happened to me. Sometimes i can't tell the difference cuz i have that strut/popping problem. But lalely i've noticed a weird noise while turning. I just haven't been able to pin point where is coming from. I thought it was related to the strut but i'll pay closer attention now.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Are you running on stock suspension and wheels?

I'd ask the tech to check the bolts on the steering rack.
That seems to be a pretty common cause of a clunk or pop when turning.
Just need to tighten them down a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts