8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someoneout there has this intake or knows for a fact about pleaseelaborate cause this is completely mindblowing to me how thesegains can be made on an SRI, but this is what takeda swears by so... help!

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
I had the takeda short ram... I sold it to Hondaisking. I never installed it but it looked similar to the new dc sports one or an injen short ram in design. From what he told me it feels good but no 17hp good. I just got rid of my short ram aem, and let me tell you the aem cold air that is on my car now is much much better. The engine is actually breathing now. Feels torquier down low and midrange. I would say the short ram is a bit more responsive and definitly louder. Other than that a cold air will net more gains and better driveabilty.

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,941 Posts
I had the takeda short ram... I sold it to Hondaisking. I never installed it but it looked similar to the new dc sports one or an injen short ram in design. From what he told me it feels good but no 17hp good. I just got rid of my short ram aem, and let me tell you the aem cold air that is on my car now is much much better. The engine is actually breathing now. Feels torquier down low and midrange. I would say the short ram is a bit more responsive and definitly louder. Other than that a cold air will net more gains and better driveabilty.
Definitely not arguing that point CAI > SRI any day of the week. Just strictly comparing apples to apples (in the SRI realm, I would never recommend an SRI).

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Yeah i was all about short ram for the insurance of not hydrolocking. But after you convinced me to go cold air i dont knnow why i waited this long. My cold air with a nice fat hybrid throttle body and some rulo tuning is a win in my book!

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,941 Posts
Um, was the hood open during dyno testing? I was always under the impression that short rams are only really good for noise and heatsoak unless they are dyno'ed with the hood open. I've been holding out for the HPF abs plastic airbox, but down for some info about the short ram debate.
I'm pretty sure the hood was open, standard operating procedure for dyno tuning. SRI = Failage, you are absolutely right on this front. There's not debate CAI > SRI any day of the week. The OP wants to know if the Takeda can get the advertised numbers, my post was to show that it is quite possible to get with a good tune. I'm not, I repeat, I'm not recommending anyone get an SRI. I have a CAI myself.

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,941 Posts
Yeah i was all about short ram for the insurance of not hydrolocking. But after you convinced me to go cold air i dont knnow why i waited this long. My cold air with a nice fat hybrid throttle body and some rulo tuning is a win in my book!
Make sure you get the hydroshield, I've driven through monsoons and my filter remains dry!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
the sri might be outputting those numbers because they measured the hp while the hood was open with a big fan in front of the car

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not to thread jack, but I wanted to go cold air but am afraid of hydro-lock. Rulo your saying its pretty easy to prevent issues going with a shield? I wonder what the advantages over a HPF airbox a cold air would have, guess I gotta wait for someone to A/B it ideally.

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,941 Posts
Not to thread jack, but I wanted to go cold air but am afraid of hydro-lock. Rulo your saying its pretty easy to prevent issues going with a shield? I wonder what the advantages over a HPF airbox a cold air would have, guess I gotta wait for someone to A/B it ideally.
As long as you're not submerging your car in water (read 14"+) you should be fine. As I've said before, I've driving through storms lasting 3-4hours from Boston to Albany, no problems whatsoever. I've been running my injen CAI for almost a year in the NYC area (we get a lot rain every now and again). No problems.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
I don't know about the Takeda, but the K&N SRI with Flashpro exhibited these gains:

http://www.hondata.com/images/civicsi_dyno_pdfs/stock_tuned_k&nsri_vs_stock.pdf

17.5hp/19.9tq
Yeah 2 hp due to the intake and 15.5 due to flashpro haha.

I use the powerchamber for what its worth I think its the best of both worlds. The intake stays nice and cold compared to my fujita it is night and day. The powerchamber gets COLDER air than the sri's on the market by facing the filter up front instead of sucking in hot air from my header. It also has the added saftey that I'm 100% certain I won't hydrolock. I live in New England so that's a must.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts