8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my intake a couple days ago and I am seeing something that is bothering me and want to get some input from others with aftermarket intakes. I noticed the welds (on the inside) are very lumpy/clumpy. I emailed takeda about it and the engineering dept said I should not have an issue with it. I am worried about extra turbulence in the pipe due to the irregularities. Does anyone else have a sri that has similar welds on the inside?

Also for your viewing pleasure, my cat drinking from my toilet...

·
Registered
495 Posts
ew clean your toilet =)

but anyways, i got my takeda intake yesterday but haven't opened the box. i'll let you know if i see the same with my pipe and take a picture.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ew clean your toilet =)

but anyways, i got my takeda intake yesterday but haven't opened the box. i'll let you know if i see the same with my pipe and take a picture.
My toilet looks absolutely horrible haha! I think those are hard water stains. Damn you cannot even see them in person. Amazing what a picture can bring up. :hiding:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Strange. Never seen anything like that on the inside of an intake. You're out of toilet paper by the way
No, that is the 'lil ****'s toy. If I put a roll on there this happens...

I have been hiding it lately, little booger is getting smart though. As you can see he loves cotton swabs too.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
The welds will not cause a noticeable flow disruption, but usually welds like that are indicative of a poor welding job.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^I was thinking that. I have a rotary tool but I am worried if I take off the finish that it will cause the intake to oxidize?

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
That looks like something I welded together! Actually, those look better.

I'd demand my money back. That looks like crap.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
That's not a defect, it's just not a very good weld.

Your cat looks evil because.... well, cats by nature are evil. Gotta kill em all. Take it out back and shoot it in the head =D

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^not nice lol. He is a nice little kitty. Here is a better pic of him

Yeah, after I showed takeda the pic they said they were going to talk to quality control about that. I am just kinda up in the air as to what I want to do. I dont know if I want to just sell this and buy a aem cai and be done with it or just keep this and deal with knowing I have poo poo welds. I am going to loose my ass if I sell this because I am not going to try to sell this for what I paid for because I do not think its worth it because of that weld-job.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts