8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
UNIQUE MODZ
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday evening we recieved a phone call from my sister telling me my Dad had to be staff flighted out to UC hospital in cincy Ohio, My Dad was working on shearing some parts for some customers when the clamps came down to hold the part in position it jolted the part forward causing it to pull my Dads hand under it resulting in shearing off his right middle finger and ring finger, lucky he had an employee there to call 911 and get him calm untill the helicopter got there, so i and my family rushed up there because the hospital is not aloud to give out info just that he was there, and if anyone has ever seen somthing like this u will never forget it, I had to walk out sobbing not from seeing the wound but just seeing my Dad helpless and in so much pain even with the morphene shots, and knowing life for him has changed forever, as a son i have never seen that side of my father and i would have gladly given up my two fingers for him to have his back, so give your moms and Dads hugs and kisses and tell them everyday u love them because u never know when it might be the last.

Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Sorry to hear that! I know how you feel, I was in a similar situation with my dad a few years ago. Prayers are with you and your family

Tapatalk'd from my iPhone 4s

·
UNIQUE MODZ
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey thanks so much everyone for the well wishes, I just got back home he lost his right middle finger and ring finger, he told me he was shearing a sheet of steel on his shear when the hold downclamps came down to hold the material in place it kicked the material and his fingers between the holddowns and he said it happened so fast he didnt know what he did at first then about 10 seconds later thats when the blood was going every where and the pain started in, the docters said it was a very clean cut but still could not save and reatatch his fingers so i helped him get some jobs out and got alittle behind on my stuff with u guys, but i couldnt keep him from the shop from working or should i say giving me and Mom orders lol

Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thats terrible mate. I know how you feel. I was woken up one night around 2 am to
"John" the fire ems guy calling me from my mothers phone. He wouldn't tell me anything but that I had to get to the hospital quickly and she was at least 45 min away. I've never driven so quickly in my life. I fried my 99 boosted Si , but my mother was fine. Just had a little too much to drink =)

dad sounds like a strong guy. good for him and getting through this tragedy quickly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
Mcnulty = Boss
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing