8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you have been pulled over/given tickets for it. I have a black si coupe and i wanted to do everything but the reverse light. i know its illegal but do cops make a big deal out of it?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have BlueBat's 6/10 Full Smoke With Reverse Cutout. Put it this way, you dont need to worry about cops with this tint. It looks great and the output is @ about %80-90%

GET IT

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have BlueBat's 6/10 Full Smoke With Reverse Cutout. Put it this way, you dont need to worry about cops with this tint. It looks great and the output is @ about %80-90%

GET IT
wow that is cool, i still got other things to do before i get the tint but how much did you pay for yours if you dont mind me askin?

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
hooray for reducing the effectiveness of your car's safety equipment! Never mind sacrificing your own personal safety for looks but also those around you, who will have a harder time seeing you, if only even by a few percent.

I sincerely hope you don't get rear ended. Be sure to run this by your insurance company too..

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
lol forgot the purpose of the thread. i have yet to be pulled over or anything. the brake lights show up just fine in the day time... even better at night.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Okay.

If it's 6/10 you can't say it still works 80%.....if it's 60% visible light transmission then it's 60% end of story!

"Even better at night".....sorry, reduce light...reduce light. That's how it works. You can't increase visibility by reducing light output it just doesn't work that way.

"Cops don't care" BS! Cops always care. It's either their job to care or their job to generate revenue. Either way, someone will see it someday and write a ticket.

It wasn't too long ago a few people on this board have gotten in trouble with the law for it.

Not to mention you open yourself up to a great deal of liability. If someone rear ends you and they are observant enough to notice it.....guess what, you're at fault. Not to mention your insurance company doesn't have to cover you (I've seen it happen with illegal window film).

Now, having said all that, it does look cool. Not to mention vinyl is easily removed.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah, I bought some vinyl tint for my sedan for $25 shipped from ebay. I can put them on and take them off whenever I want. Really makes a NHBP look clean.

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
Some people just insist on learning the hard way.. I just hope you don't hurt yourself or others in the process.

It is very unsafe to reduce the light output of your tail lights/brake lights, and I say this from personal experience. I come from the perspective of having my mother permanently disabled because she was rear ended, because someone didn't see her... this is with stock tail lights. And you want to reduce the effectiveness even further for looks!? Anything you do to reduce the effectiveness of the safety/visibility equipment on your car, especially something as critical as lights, is totally irresponsible IMO, but suit yourself if you like the looks that much. Survival of the fittest.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Some people just insist on learning the hard way.. I just hope you don't hurt yourself or others in the process.

It is very unsafe to reduce the light output of your tail lights/brake lights, and I say this from personal experience. I come from the perspective of having my mother permanently disabled because she was rear ended, because someone didn't see her... this is with stock tail lights. And you want to reduce the effectiveness even further for looks!? Anything you do to reduce the effectiveness of the safety/visibility equipment on your car, especially something as critical as lights, is totally irresponsible IMO, but suit yourself if you like the looks that much. Survival of the fittest.
reverse light is ok for tint but not the brake light...

·
ILDS™
121,509 Posts
hooray for reducing the effectiveness of your car's safety equipment! Never mind sacrificing your own personal safety for looks but also those around you, who will have a harder time seeing you, if only even by a few percent.

I sincerely hope you don't get rear ended. Be sure to run this by your insurance company too..
:yeahthat: well said

·
Registered
35,845 Posts
just make sure the 3rd brade light isnt tinted... i have the 2 tail lights done, only daytime i worry somewhat but the 3rd light off the spoiler is pretty big and bright so i doubt anyone would ever rear end someone cuz they "didnt see it." i believe the most likely situation would be another person not looking whatsoever rear ending you, over the chance of tint hindering the tail light brake lights effectiveness.

id have to agree with dentrecords though on the fact this kinda mod is a "use at your own risk" type of mod. then again don't most modifications have their own risk of consequences? i.e. getting tickets and losing warrenties.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts