8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i see a lot of fg1/fg2 owners do an entire red out on their tails like so

I think it looks great, but is this illegal since the reverse light is no longer white?
Also, for those who have this mod done, has anyone had any problems with the cops?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
r u going to back up...with a COP there
most likely not but i meant, has anyone had troubles with the cops who notices you dont have the white reverse lights?

also sometimes when a cop pulls you over for speeding or whatever they give you other tickets for illegal mods you might have. (tinted windows..etc.)

main question is, has anyone ran into any problems with these tails?

makes your turn signals red. But I don't think that's illegal
not just the turn signals. reverse light would be the problem

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
so i see a lot of fg1/fg2 owners do an entire red out on their tails like so

I think it looks great, but is this illegal since the reverse light is no longer white?
Also, for those who have this mod done, has anyone had any problems with the cops?
yeay my car!:cheerleader:
i have yet to have any problems with cops. unless a cop is knowledgeable about civics and what not they might not even notice the mod. but to answer your question yes it is illegal.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
It is illegal but i dont think youll have a problem. I havent had any problems yet.

Also will make it harder to see backing up since the light wont shine as bright through the red as it would the white. Could have something to do with my 5% too lol I usually just stick my head out the window.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
It's illegal, but I see older vehicles every now and then whose rear lights are all completely red driving around. I assume they get away because the vehicles are older and didn't have multicolored rears at their time of manufacture. But for a newer vehicle, I wouldn't risk it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
i think this looks better and it you'd have reverse light when you need it. better safe than sorry imo. you can get them red like the op too.

I'm thinking about getting this tinting, but I'd really like to see them lit up at night so I can see how visible the lights would be. Normally I wouldn't worry too much as long as you could tell when I was using the brake, but the drivers in NC are ignorant and oblivious to everything around them and I don't want to risk getting rear ended...

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
New corvettes from factory: http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/Corvette_rear_700.jpg

all red tail lights....im sure you'll have no problems! mine are smoked very dark, the whole thing, and i had a cop inspect my car and no issues.
their reverse lights aren't on those tail lights, they're on the lights on the bottom. red turn signals are legal, red reverse ligths aren't. depends if you wanna take the risk. i did, and nothing bad has happened

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Most cops arent going to notice unless they are a-holes where you live. Tons of cars have all red tails and a seperate reverse light so unless a cop is really inspecting your car while behind you then i doubt they will notice.

I dont know what years but i know there have been Accord and TL models both with all red tails and seperate reverse lights. So since there are cars on the road with all red tails i doubt most cops even pay attention.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.