8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a set of black altezza tail lights today, brand new, and they are fogging up really really bad. i had to take off the back bumper just to remove and install the tail lights and i really dont want to do it again. suggestions? any one else have them? have that prob? pics?

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes they are from ebay. they look very nice, but they fog up horribly and they are brand new. wont a hole just let more moisture/water in? and where do i drill a hole?

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
send them back or crack them open and reseal them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had altezza (black background with red lights) on my previous car because one of my stocker got vandalized. I had them for more than a year and never had any problem fogging up. I would send them right back to the seller and demand for a new set. If the new set fogs up again, then I would either ask for refund and go back to stockies or reseal them if you still want to keep them.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
you have to take all that time taking the taillights off, and then you need to stick them in the oven for a few minutes until you can pry them apart, then you need to let all the water evaporate, and then buy some silicon sealant and reseal & rebake them.

there's instructions on baking your lights in a bunch of "clearing headlights" threads - check those out for specifics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.