8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
There is no way it can give the same power as a full race header because of the pipping size and design of aftermarket race headers. It is a cheap and easy way to get rid of the cat thow and free up so hp. You could run this with a comptech header and probably have a really good combo, but that puts you at the price of a BCRH.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Its not worth it, unless they came up with some new space age design. You won't see any more top end power vs the stock cat. I know, I made a testpipe for this car. I dyno'd before and after, the power was the same throughout the powerband except at the VTEC crossover which yielded about 6 whp.

See my thread Here.

Save your money, cat converters these days flow very well while still serving there purpose.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Has anyone tried this yet. I like the idea of the testpipe since you can put the heatshield from your stock cat around the testpipe so that it looks like you still have a legal cat.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.