8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at these forums for a couple weeks now and since I'm getting a new 08 civic si. I would like to do some f/i. This would be my first F/I car so I'd like to get some input about what is the most reliable one. I would like to learn about these from experience. I'm not looking for a lot of extra power but I would like to start off with something reliabe.

I have read that the Greddy kit has some problems with stalling.
Does the AJP kit have and problems going with less boost?
And also will the Comptech S/C wear out the engine a lot faster than a t/c?

What in your opinion is the most reliable out there? I'm looking for something that won't bring me much trouble.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll probably wait but I really just want to know what's the most reliable kit. I'm not looking for a lot of power but my reading shows that AJP is the most reliable kit so far and has a bit more power than I am looking for but I guess I can deal with that.

Money isn't really an issue so that's why I am looking for reliability.

Again this is a daily driver so I'm looking for something with just a little added power because I want to learn about F/I from first hand experience with it.

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I remember reading that thread. I completely forgot about it.

I am really looking at Comptech. But I'm wondering will the S/C wear down the engine's lifespan and by how much, like cut it in half?

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I just want to start with a small amount of boost for this car. I just want to use this car to learn off of so I can buy a faster car to boost more where I'll have some experience and have a smaller chance at ruining the engine.

· Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yea it helped a lot, thanks. I will definitely wait. I still have a month to wait till my car comes, if it even comes when they said it would. I just keep looking at the boost and the more and more I look the more and more I want to get it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.