89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kicker Solo-Baric L7 10" sub msrp $449.95
Kicker ZX750.1 Amp msrp $549.95
Kicker ZX360.4 Amp msrp $349.95
Kicker QS65.2 Speakers $549.95...... 2 sets $1099.90
Alpine iDA-X305S Head unit msrp $400
and misc wire and dynamat

I already bought the head unit and speakers i am ordering the amps and sub next week. Its gonna sound pretty rediculous

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm assuming you're not paying MSRP for these items. For the money, you can get a monster setup with an RE XXX powered by a t20001bd that will pretty much be more powerful than most subs on the road. As for the components, why do you need two of them? A Focal k2p powered by JL 450/4 would be a better choice and can be had for much cheaper. You don't really need components for the back if your front is already good. Again, these are suggestions. But GL with your system.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I was going with kappa perfects but I hear they are really bright..... then it was gonna be boston acoustics but i decided to go with the kickers cause i know a friend with them. I am still not decided on the amps or sub but am thinking of just going kicker all the way through. And I dont want a bigger sub because I do not need any crazy bass and it will still hit pretty hard.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
If you're trying to have that L7 get loud, you really need a much larger woofer amp than the little ZX750.1 you are looking at now. The ZX1500.1 would be a good choice. Also, you will need to upgrade your battery & wiring to handle the additional current draw.

Hans

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I'd like pics as well...

I just picked up a Kicker Zx850.4 from Amazon, need some power to toss at my speakers!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Yea wow, you could spend your money better on different equipment. For that much money in speakers you could have AWESOME Focals or Hertz. Id go with JL or Genesis amps and you'd be set.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You mean besides their car right?.....lol

Maybe for some people that is true but if you pay full price for car audio you are a fool!
If you buy car audio electronics on ebay your a fool. Full price sucks but buying from an unauthorized deal is throwing money down the drain.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
If you buy car audio electronics on ebay your a fool. Full price sucks but buying from an unauthorized deal is throwing money down the drain.
agreed, im perfectly willing to pay retail, or close to it, to buy it authorized AND Local, I like the peace of mind, I like getting my stuff then and there, I also like easy return policies and easy service in my own area with a person I can talk to face-to-face, stimulating the local economy is also a plus

ON TOPIC: not a fan of Kicker, at all, in fact I personally avoid them like the plague

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wasnt either but I never heard their high end stuff until a couple weeks back and they were great so I am sticking with that haha sorry.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you're trying to have that L7 get loud, you really need a much larger woofer amp than the little ZX750.1 you are looking at now. The ZX1500.1 would be a good choice. Also, you will need to upgrade your battery & wiring to handle the additional current draw.

Hans
I am really not looking to get the sub too oud because I am not a huge fan of a lot of bass and stuff so the 750 should be good enough I still might go with a higher one though. And the speakers peak rms is 100 so the 90 to each from the other amp will be enough.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have a 10" alpine type-r in a fiberglassed box and its more than enough bass. For what its worth, I really dont find any reason to get an aftermarket deck if you had a premium system. The premium HU is awesome for adding onto.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts