8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been reading up on this forum about the HID PnP kits, and have decided if i was going to get one, to get the Klight kit that many of you have

My question though, is that many people say that there is too much glare with the PnP HID kits that it isn't even worth it.

Sylvania Superstar Ultra's are suppose to be very good and are whiter, wider, and brighter, i'm mainly looking for the brighter. these can be found on ebay for $27 (already including shipping).
I really do want brighter bulbs, but i do not want to piss off other drivers.

The Klight kit is $126 with shipping at the moment. so should i spend the extra $100 to get HIDs and maybe piss off other drivers, or should i get the Silverstar Ultras which are halogens and a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
The glare with PNP in our cars arent that bad. I've asked my friends who drive infront and i've ridden in a car infront while my car is being driven by somebody else. It's not like youve been hit with a flash bang. You can still see where youre going, just dont stare directly into the light. The bad thing about the PNPs is that the light isnt dispersed to the sides that well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have been using the Ultras and I like them a lot. They are brighter (white) and have great distance and spread. I drive to 50 miles in the dark every morning for work and I couldn't be happier.
I run into a few civics with the PnP HID's and they glare bad and don't seem to have the spread. I don't know which kit they may have, but if your going to use HID's, do it right and use the proper projector or reflector assembly designed for HID's.

just my newb $.02

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
I'd recommend the Klight kit. I'd just make sure to re-aim your headlights to make sure you are minimizing the amount of glare aimed at other drivers.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Wait how are Silverstar Ultras better than HID's i dont think anything can defeat the brightness of HID's. Our headlights actually work pretty well with HID pnp so just adjust and you'd be fine.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what should i readjust my lights to? just slightly lower? i don't really know how to adjust lights, other than there is a screw or something, somewhere. so maybe like 2 inches down if i was 25 feet away from the wall?

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
what should i readjust my lights to? just slightly lower? i don't really know how to adjust lights, other than there is a screw or something, somewhere. so maybe like 2 inches down if i was 25 feet away from the wall?
You'll need a pretty long screwdriver to be able to adjust your headlights: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting-h-i-d-s-neon/22311-help-me-aim-my-lights.html

You need to line up against a wall and pretty much use that as a reference. If you find yourself sitting at a traffic light and the car ahead has its cabin area lit up from your lights, then obviously they're aimed too high. On the other hand, if your lights are pointed directly to the ground, then that's not good as well. You just want to have it aimed properly so they're not high enough to bounce in and out of people's cabin area when you're on the road and not to a point where they aren't helping you at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts