8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I own a 2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan (Fiji Blue Pearl). I have the entire HFP (Honda Factory Performance) Package installed on my car ... rear, side, front underbody spoilers, suspension kit, sport muffler, braking system with slotted rotors, and aftermarket 18" Konig Prophet Wheels. My question is this ...

I have a slight dent in my rear underbody spoiler that is bugging the heck out of me. I was at a Honda Dealership today getting an oil change and went in their showroom to find the Fiji Blue Pearl Civic Si Mugen. I immediately fell in love with the rear underbody spoiler of the Mugen Si and asked their parts department how to purchase it (since I'm sure Mugen owners will wreck every now and then and need a replacement). They told me that Honda DOESNOT want a Civic Si to look like a Civic Si Mugen and WOULDNOT sell it to me even though it would come in the same color and fit the exact same way the Si HFP kit would. I found a couple places online that sell it but it comes in Carbon Fiber and I would have to pay to have it painted when the Mugen Si comes polyurethane and prepainted in my color. Is there anyway I can buy this ... a loop hole if you will? Do I go to a body shop and have them call Honda and lie saying the have a Civic Mugen Si and need another rear underbody spoiler? Or do I give up and stick with the original HFP rear underbody spoiler? I WANT THE MUGEN ONE BAD B/C IT LOOKS SOOOO SICK AND I LOVE IT! Thanks for your input.

Treblecleff98:vtec:

·
Registered
923 Posts
Is there anyway I can buy this ... a loop hole if you will?
No

Do I go to a body shop and have them call Honda and lie saying the have a Civic Mugen Si and need another rear underbody spoiler?
No

Or do I give up and stick with the original HFP rear underbody spoiler?
Yes

Mugen parts from the Mugen Si are only available to owners. Not only do you have to have a VIN from a Mugen Si, the part has to be installed by the dealer as proof that you actually drive a Mugen Si.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
thread this is done & beaten to death *cough* i meant topic. ;)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
any info on that carbon fiber one youre talking about?

Sounds nice, i wonder what it looks like.

and only a dealer authorized bodyshop can install mugen si parts.

sou youre SOL.

**** outta luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.