8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey wassup guys I just bought an 06 civic si with 83k miles on it; got it for 9.7. I could've gotten it lower but my boi was there and when the dealer said they couldn't do 9k he said well could ya do 9.7 and I just glared at him lol. Either way I don't think it was a bad price.

My issue is that whoever buffed the car did a really bad job and left swirls all over the car; it's nighthawk black.

I ordered what's below and I'm posting because I'm afraid of using compounds like swirl x and I have no experience with polishing, clay, waxing, etc. I understand that in order to get rid of the swirls I actually have to strip away some of the top layer of paint. However, I'm worried about stripping too much. If any of you have any great guides, threads, videos, etc. I'd really appreciate it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This product from Meguiars does wonders!!

Meguiars DA Microfiber System Starter Kit Builder Jr.

I use it daily on customers cars. It helps remove spider scratches and swirls in only two steps. You do need a DA polisher for BEST results.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I can help you out.
Thanks FG I'll definitely look into it if I can't get a fix from the products I ordered.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks FG I'll definitely look into it if I can't get a fix from the products I ordered.
No problem. I own a detailing company so like I said any questions feel free to ask!

This system requires little to no effort to apply. I have the Ultimate Polish but that wont remove swirls. It will make the color look deeper and all but wont remove any defects.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This vid is very straight forward and gives you a good information about detailing or car paint in general.
movie
Amazing video Dar definitely just what I was looking for. Now my only issue is I'm going back and forth about buying a paint gauge. I don't wanna spend the money but I don't wanna screw the car. Since it was obviously buffed before because of the swirl marks on it I think I may go with the paint gauge. I'm just hoping I don't need a whole new paint job; I don't think I will though.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If you just have swirls a high quality finish polish will remove it with a mechanical buffer, I use meguires 205 finishing polish and have never had a problem, doing a nhbp car today if you want before and after pics

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Post up pictures of your car so we can help you better!
Will have to get em tomorrow right now I'm at work; working a double. I will definitely get them tomorrow it's gonna be dark by the time I leave lol.

If you just have swirls a high quality finish polish will remove it with a mechanical buffer, I use meguires 205 finishing polish and have never had a problem, doing a nhbp car today if you want before and after pics
Gotchya; I'm hoping so. and post em up!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts