8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed Si front and rear sway bars on my 06 ex coupe thinking it was the proper mod to do after installing the 17" HFP rims, 225/45-17 Bridgestones, and HFP sport suspension. After reading many posts on sway bars, I'm wondering if this was the right thing to do. Should I get the Progress rear sway bar or any other combination. If this mod will improve my handling, please take the time to explain why. Thanks !!!

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
What size is the EX front bar? I would get the LX front bar rather than the SI one. THis is due to roll copuple distribution and the fact that the stiffer end breaks loose first.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
or put on the progress rear sway and lx front sway for even more rotation. Of course, the progress rear sway could break the mounting brackets but thats a whole different story.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'll stick with the Si rear sway bar for know as my car is still under warranty. Does any one know if the LX front sway bar is smaller than the EX front sway bar. I still have my EX front sway bar.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yes... I just got back from my Honda dealer and thought I would pass the information along. Thanks for the heads up on the LX/EX front sway bar, or as Honda calls it the stabilizer spring. As you stated, the parts man confirmed there are the same. Now I hope I can find my old one in my friends garage. Also, while I was there, I purchased an cool HFP hat. Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.