8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

This is my time first time posting and i tried searching for answers in the forums but, couldn't find any. I just ordered these:

9005/HB3 LED Bulb | 9005 CREE LED Fog Light Bulb

Of course i ordered them with the DRL upgrade. I plan on replacing my drl/ high beam bulbs with these and was wondering if there would be a significant difference with my high beams also? Such as lower output or higher output? i already have an HID kit installed for my lows so, it wouldn't matter too much but, I just wanted to verify. Also I was wondering if there would be any warning lights that would come on due to the swap out?

Thank you in advance! :wavey:

·
Registered
797 Posts
They work fine, plug and play, downside you might have a DRL light pop up (warning sign just to show that your DRL might be out; not a big deal) downside is you'll loose functionality of your highbeams, LEDs aren't meant to disperse light in a large area, mainly used for pinpointed light.

Overall, it'll work, not sure if it's worth it, but thats up to you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
They look great , but as mentioned you WILL have your DRL indicator on , and WILL lose high beam functionality !!! I am currently running a 5W CREE LED.

-Easily converts your factory style halogen bulb to a high powered LED bulb
-Includes 1 High-Powered 5 Watt Cree LED which emits an astonishing 335 Lumens
-60 degree viewing angle giving optimal visibility
-Direct replacement for a 9006 style bulb
-Incredible long lasting LED life when compared to standard halogen bulbs
-Great for day time running lights
-Includes the correct adapter for an easy and direct LED bulb replacement

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the information! Is there anyway to get the warning indicator to go off or clear the code at a dealership? Once I install them (hopefully tonight) I will post a pic of how they look both the DRL and high beam to show an example of how much it affects the highs for anyone wondering.

·
Registered
100 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I did end up getting the lights today and installed them without hardly any trouble. Here's a couple pics. The first is just the DRLs and the second is the low's and the high's on. If anyone is interested I can post some pics of how far they go in comparison to one another. Also, so far there hasn't been any DRL indicator on the dash. The kit that I ordered apparently came with the connector to prevent that from happening which is nice. Thanks again for all your help! :wavey:

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this just for visual or does it help visability as well?
Mostly visual but, with the DRL's alot brighter I could see these being more like fog lights now and will help me see alot better during rain (so I don't have to turn my HID's on) or during fog. They'll be more noticeable for other people too during those conditions.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did you have to remove your bumper to change your DRLs? If it helps during rain and foggy conditions I'll definitely add this onto my car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Did you have to remove your bumper to change your DRLs? If it helps during rain and foggy conditions I'll definitely add this onto my car
Nope. Simple and easy install. Passenger side had nothing in the way of the bulb so replacement was easy. Driver side all I had to do was take out the coolant reservoir to get to the bulb. Besides that it's a 10-15 minute job and well worth it in my opinion. Only problem I had was my HID wiring was getting in the way of everything on the driver side so installing the bulb took a little longer than normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry for the double post but, here's a comparison of the lights. From right to left: DRL, Low Beams, Low Beams and High Beams. In the pictures there's not a noticeable difference between when the low beams are on and when the lows and high beams are on but, there actually is. For some reason my camera couldn't capture it.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of the op's led bulbs running under direct sunlight? Bought some led bulbs a while back which still work fine, I'm just looking for better looks under sunlight and also to be seen better under these conditions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I did end up getting the lights today and installed them without hardly any trouble. Here's a couple pics. The first is just the DRLs and the second is the low's and the high's on. If anyone is interested I can post some pics of how far they go in comparison to one another. Also, so far there hasn't been any DRL indicator on the dash. The kit that I ordered apparently came with the connector to prevent that from happening which is nice. Thanks again for all your help! :wavey:
Hi there
I have put 9006 and 9005 in my Civic
DRL light in dash came up, I have to say that I'm not comfortable with that but they look awesome ??
Does anyone here knows how to reset that error displayed in the dash?
IMG_20200314_173934.jpg
IMG_20200314_173929.jpg
IMG_20200314_195102.jpg
IMG_20200314_173934.jpg
IMG_20200314_173934.jpg
IMG_20200314_173929.jpg
IMG_20200314_195102.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts