8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been thinking about this, haven't really looked into it yet, but I was just wondering if anyone on here had any experience with this stuff...

When I trade my S2k in for an Si in a few months, one thing I'm really interesting in is swapping in CSX interior parts for the extra style/comfort. Personally I think the CSX Type S interior looks WAY more classy and stylish than the Si's. Hell I may do an entire inside/out CSX conversion if I can find a way to do it relatively cheaply. But I digress... how much of a pain in the ass would it be to get the CSX parts here in the US and install them?

Things I had in mind... the automatic climate control, the leather trimmed door pannels, heated leather seats, console, etc.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
you could do the leather wraping your self as far as the doors and arm rest is concerned. the seats.. well the 09's ex has leather heated seats it what looks like the si seats...and the auto cimate control.. i'm not sure cause i would like to change that as well...

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
Buy a CSX-S from Canada if you want the luxury of Acura with the sportiness of the Si
yeah.. they are only.. what.. near $34000? plus taxes, duties, other import fees...

I'd be more inclined to get something like a 2005 M3 for that price.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Good point, but he could grab a used csx-s fro around 26000$ CAD. I mean if he has his heart set on the interior of the CSX, it would be less of a headache to import it than to convert the interior IMO...

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Good point, but he could grab a used csx-s fro around 26000$ CAD. I mean if he has his heart set on the interior of the CSX, it would be less of a headache to import it than to convert the interior IMO...
and pretty bad ass when people be like what the hell is that

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
I agree importing one makes more sense than ordering all the parts to convert a Civic to a CSX... I do like the CSX and do see the appeal - don't get me wrong. I guess I just see more value in a car that offers more performance and more luxury like an M3, even if it is $26000 for a used CSX... I suppose it would be akin to those that spend thousands of dollars importing JDM stuff just so they can say it's mad tyte JDM y0! Not much value in that other than to the eye of the beholder.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
uhhhh just take your car to an upholstery shop and have them put leather in it. you could even sell your stock seat covers to recoupe money.

the auto climate control someone is working on trying to see if it can work.

im pretty sure the only thing else different inside is the front console bin has a sliding cover?? and of course the A instead of H on steering wheel

sounds pretty stupid to me to swap out the whole interior for only a couple changes

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 11 civic se and I swapped the seats in from an csx as I'm in Canada. I have the wiring harness for the heated seats and switches, before I tare the dash apart will I be able to more or less plug it in seeing as its all oe?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts