8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title pretty much describes it.. I consider myself to have moderate technical knowledge/skills but am nowhere near a wiz.. the job went relatively smoothly as it's pretty much taking everything apart and putting it back as you found it..... and upon reassembly I tried to be diligent as far as inspecting the pieces and making sure plugs etc. went back where they should be.

When I turn the key the starter works as my serpentine belt is moving so the crank is turning. There is that "pre ignition shake" but I wouldn't even call it a sputter because it is so short lived/faint. My obd code reader shows zero faults. No funny dash lights. I double checked the trunk cable on the drivers side that feeds cam sensors and fuel injectors etc and all the plugs are in. Also checked the ground I disconnected by the drivers side motor mount as I think that is the only one I had to undo.

As far as troubleshooting goes I am not sure what to do next.. Hopefully the bois have some ideas ???? thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it an aftermarket or OEM clutch replacement? Aftermarket kits many times will have a deeper pressure plate, in which case, the clutch pedal will need to be adjusted in order to completely disengage the clutch and start the car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts