8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 827 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I have but would like to see more reviews and results in this forum! I would like to see more 8th gens run these cams, I'm really debating in getting them. I hear they are better version of IPS cams.
It's not that they're unpopular, they're extremely tough to get your hands on. Iirc svm is not nikko's primary job, so they run limited production

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I decided to make a thread on SVM cams 211 stage 1 and 212 stage 2, has anybody ran these cams with stock k20 block? Seems like SVM cams are not that popular but would like for everyone to check them out since there's so much hype about DC 2.2, kelford 179A, GP ksi, Toda A3 cams! It seems SVM cams are making all around power through out the entire power band! Anybody have any results on these cams?
i would not call the 211 stage 1 cams, they are very similar to the IPS k2 cams. 212 is just a different profile more geared for top end power with a limited VTC of 30 degrees on factory pistons.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You cant go wrong getting SVM cams. Probably the best quality aftermarket cams for the car minus Spoons cams which are made by honda. And you guys know the guy making them can see them made and he does it in house. Support local american businesses!!!!!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I actually have 212's in my car right now, I beleive I'm the first one running them on a 8th gen. Gains were good, but before I put in the cams I lost HP somehow but the cam's overall gained almost 30HP. The biggest gains are 5k+ from my previous pull and 6.5K+ from my dyno "base" pull

K&N SRI, Skunk2 Alpha Header, Full Race 3" exhaust = 201HP

with Rick Spec Intake, Acura TL AWD TB with port matched adapter, Skunk2 Intake Manifold, DW800 Injectors = 187 HP...

All the above + SVM cams and Hytech RSX oil pump = 217 HP

And yes I know my numbers are way low.....they were all on Secret Service Auto's Heartbreak mustang dyno lol. I'm trying to figure out what to do to hit 230+ now

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
What made you go with 211 instead of 212 which you can still use of you go with a k24 block? What where your dyno numbers on the 211 cams?
We need more guys running svm cams and I might run the 212 just cause I want to go with a k24 later on. Hopefully next few months I will be purchasing and doing a review on them.
i got the 211 before the 212 was even out. you can use the 211 in a K24, if i went with a K24 i would not use 212 cams. 212 cams are also limited to 30 vtc on factory pistons.

Are those the cams you have run? Already 40k? Or are those pics from Nikos?
yes, still the same cams im running now. these are my cams.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i got the 211 before the 212 was even out. you can use the 211 in a K24, if i went with a K24 i would not use 212 cams. 212 cams are also limited to 30 vtc on factory pistons.

Nikos actually has a new 212.4 profile out for the K24's, he also recently stated that the intake cam is safe to 50VTC, I still limited mine to 30* via BP limiter, he said the exhaust cam is 30VTC max.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nikos/Svm makes a stage 2 cam specifically for k24s. The 212.4 would be great for the bump in displacement due to more duration on the cam. I'm going with stage 3 or 312s for my k24 build which are already geared for 2.4 or more engines. Just waiting for them to ship and I should have a few pics in my build along with dyno results once it's in the car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you have a stock k20a/a2 then the 212's (not 212.4) are the cams you want. Guys are pulling really good numbers outta these. My dyno is in 10 days i'll post up a graph afterwards for you guys. Didn't really gain anything off the RRC from and RBC. Hoping these cams are the last piece of the puzzle.

1 - 20 of 827 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.