8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I want to lower my civic si coupe about 1.5 to 2 in and I wanna do it the right way even if it costs me more cash i dont want my car to be bouncin down the street like i got hydroliks or somethin. ive been trying to read up on what i need but need soem help but im a major newb and dont kno to much about it. what do i need to get it done right and around how much + installation, ive checked out some megan stuff ans well as tein and proshocks. basicially what is good and what sucks!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
look around in the suspension forum, you can easily spend a few hours reading about different suspensions over there.

·
Registered
597 Posts
You'll lose way too much suspension travel lowering it that much. If your car bottoms out when hitting a bump while cornering the whole car will actually bounce off the ground causing you to spin out. Not a good thing.

If you want to lower it a bit and get a firmer ride get the Honda HFP suspension installed. It's $600 and labor charges.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
For sure. Ima stick with the stock suspension I love the ride quality! I may switch it out for HFP down the road but I just got an 09 so I'll wait till I'm out of warranty!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts