8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
good point. I have all oem suspensions as of now accept for some braces. I will get whatever I need to really do it right so everything sits and ride the way it should with the drop I’m trying to achieve. I don’t want much gap between the top of the tire and the fender. But I still want to be able to tel there is still a slight gap when looking at it from the side.
Parts/brand Recommendations?
Ktuned sells extended ball joints. If you want to save some money you can get extenders. Aerogenic Ball Joint Spacers are about half the price as getting new joints.

You can get rear camber arms from a few companies. Any of them are good enough.

With the coilover's built in camber adjustments you should be able get it where you want it. If not you will need camber bolts. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CB2GOU?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

If you go super low its also not a bad idea to get some extended tie rods. K tuned sells a set. This help reduce the bump steer from lowering it.

For now just don't go crazy with the drop and itll be fine and then slam it once you get all the proper parts.

·
Registered
291 Posts
do you have the extended tie rods? How much have they helped? My bump steer is moderate but id like to reduce it without loosening up the dampers
No, I have not lowered my car. But I have a small amount of knowledge in suspension geometry. The main cause of bump steer is the control arms and the tie rods not being parallel. This happens just by lowering and is worse if you only add the extended ball joints. Your roll center will improve but bump steer will be worse. So you need the extended tie rods to make them closer to parallel again.

I would also recommended calling or emailing K tuned for a better explanation and recommendation of what parts you'll need exactly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts