8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddie clubs recently blew and im gonna be looking for a new set of coil overs.

my question is to you who have after market performance coil overs what do you use> any issues with our cold winters? do you drive your car in winter?

im either looking at

T1R b52's
Tein SS or basic
Arc ST-P

I dont wanna go buddie club again cause ive had them twice and blew them out twice within a year and a half

thanks

Simon

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
i had progress springs, and skunk2 shocks. winter blew them so i went hfp, still a tad lower than stock but rides smooth all year round.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Any aftermarket brand you talk to say that their product is not meant for "extreme" conditions such as the ones we face here. People even have trouble with their aftermarket suspension on lifted trucks. My buddy that works as a partsman in a ford dealership said they deal with it in the winter all the time. Minus 40 is a real biotch! They may be made for extreme performance on the track amd take an extreme beating in a controlled environment but here with the cold and crap roads there are no garauntees.

·
Registered
779 Posts
HFP's fine for winter, the drop isn't much though. They're about $500 if they're still on special at College Hills Honda.

Here's a pic of a CSX-S with SI Sedan HFP suspension after about 4 months of actual usage. Most of the time the car was parked. I'm assuming the CSX-S is a bit heavier than a SI Sedan so it might have ended up a bit lower.

Quite a bit of gap at the front as you can see.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies guys

i ended up just going with the t1r b52 coils..
just gonna wash em like crazy come winter =p

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I have the Eibach pro kit on all winter, no troubles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts