8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that Eibach and Tein are already working on suspenion upgrades for the new civic. No pricing has been released up to this point that I have seen though. I'll keep you updated as we get closer to release dates.

·
Registered
244 Posts
ive got tein basics for 7thgen, and the suspension is sooo beautifull, sporty and comfortable, but if you really want agressive suspension then go tein super sports they are very very tight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Civic at SEMA

With the Civic being the "Car of Show" at SEMA in November I'm hoping for a lot of aftermarket quickly. It could be a very good Xmas. :thumb:

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Yep! Since my birthday is in November, hopefully the Si will be available. That would be a nice little gift to myself!! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
2fast4u2 said:
Yep! Since my birthday is in November, hopefully the Si will be available. That would be a nice little gift to myself!! :)
I was thinking the same thing except being a birthday, i was thinking more of a x-mas gift.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, I have an update - Tein is finished with some springs. We're going to be having a sale here early next week on them. I'll update this thread, and I'll post a link to where you can buy them/pricing etc.

:love:

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
rancid949 said:
I believe eibach does have prokit and sportline springs ready :)
I probablly will not lower my new civic (If I ever even get it)for a few years. But Eibach sportsline springs were awesome on my '95 civic. I was taking 90 degree turns at like 40mph and it was like the car was stuck to the ground.

·
Registered
166 Posts
webby said:
well, I have an update - Tein is finished with some springs. We're going to be having a sale here early next week on them. I'll update this thread, and I'll post a link to where you can buy them/pricing etc.

:love:

:hail: Webby...need we say more :hail:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You guys and your lowering springs... Bah!

Sure, the Pro-Kit is capable of being used with an OEM damper, but only for so long. Remember, a 1" lower ride height results in 1" less travel the OEM unit will have. Most aftermarket companies (like Koni) also design the insides of their dampers (valving, piston travel, etc.) to handle lowering springs and not wear out as fast as an OEM unit would. For example, an off-the-shelf (OTS) Koni Sport for my recently sold 93 Civic could safely handle 500 ~ 600# springs before it became underdamped... I ran 600# springs at all 4 corners and had OTS Koni's at the rear with custom valved ones up front.

I know a Pro-Kit or Sportline isn't that high in rate, but you all must remember that a damper is there to control the motion of the spring.

In other words, the struts/shocks are really more important than the spring, whether you plan on autocrossing (like I do), or just commuting from point A to B.

Those of you capable of going to SEMA need to see what kind of shock work is being developed for the new FG chassis... Then let me know as Koni said they won't have a unit ready until Spring '06 at the earliest.

Everything I said is negated if you are just a stunna looking for a better look for your car though...

Anthony "Mario" Crea

·
Registered
3 Posts
tein's are great if you're only going to be at the track. i had the flex setup w/ the edfc on my evo, and the s-tech springs on my sti. no thanks for daily driving. they are just way too stiff for any real world driving. don't get me wrong, they rock on the track, but.............. here's a couple pics to get an idea of the stance..

the s-tech's sag way too much for me.

the look was awesome, but don't take the wife or kids for a ride....

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i already have a savings acct started for the tein ss or flex.. i'll be one of the first to buy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts