8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Turbo mag put the same thing on their project Evo. Its was like $1000 in bracing but worked kinda like a mini roll cage.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
adriel_127 said:
Hey guys, noob here. From my researching I've discovered that a lot of the parts for our cars are still under R&D. So with my researching I came across this:
http://cartronicjapan.com/CUSCO_files/civicFD2_newparts.htm

Hopefully this is something new and not a re-post. If it is sorry. But if not does that mean I can get some rep points? hehe :biggrin:
could you imagine having all those parts. i thinking the car will pull a g easily.

·
Registered
618 Posts
IMO...someone got a little too happy with the blue colored aluminum...especially the one that bolts behind the driver's seat...lmao

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
The wheel base on the CTR is the same as the Si-dan but is 2 inches longer than the coupe. That might pose some fitment issues for the under body braces. All those braces wouldn't help a stock car pull better numbers on a skid pad but they would cerntianly help on a car with some serious suspension upgrades (better than any over the counter coilovers on the market at this point and time) and a lot stickier tires. As is, the stock suspension is WAY to soft and the stock (even the summer) tires are not sticky enough to get the chassis to flex to the point where those braces will do anything.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
translation? lol. that's that mean its useless for me if i got them because only have s-techs for now?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks better than a lot of Cusco stuff. Most of their stuff is way overpriced for what you get. Their roll bars are complete junk as are most of their bracing. They're no better than the ebay specials (for those of you that are cusco fans, look at their joints. An adjustable joint will flex. For the price they charge, they can do the R&D necessary to get a direct fit).

Anyway, SirBelch is right. This is overkill for any car that isn't running a top rate suspension and that just isn't available for our cars yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts