8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, so I'm getting the grippiest and widest street setup I can under my FA5. I can't figure out if I need to do any supporting mods to keep structural integrity of the car, such as wheel bearings, bushings, or lug studs. die anyone have any experience here? thanks

·
Registered
2007 Civic SI
9 Posts
hello, so I'm getting the grippiest and widest street setup I can under my FA5. I can't figure out if I need to do any supporting mods to keep structural integrity of the car, such as wheel bearings, bushings, or lug studs. die anyone have any experience here? thanks
Some good coilovers will do a lot to help control motion…and body roll. With sticky tires you’ll find the car will have a ton more body roll due to the increased grip. Some better brake pads would be nice as well, can stop harder with stickier tires.
This is coming from a road course guy who basically exclusively runs 200tw r comp tires.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I think the moog is cheaper ... also saw a video where a guy got the energy bushing kit and was super hard to make the arm fir the housing
This right here. He eventually switched to the moog spherical bushing (like said) and had no problems after that.

If you want to fight body roll, a small mod I recommend to do is to swap out the stock rubber sway bar bushings and convert to energy suspension polyurethane bushings (get the black so it doesn't squeak). I did this "mod" and noticed an improvement on handling on the 15 year old car with blown shocks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This right here. He eventually switched to the moog spherical bushing (like said) and had no problems after that.

If you want to fight body roll, a small mod I recommend to do is to swap out the stock rubber sway bar bushings and convert to energy suspension polyurethane bushings (get the black so it doesn't squeak). I did this "mod" and noticed an improvement on handling on the 15 year old car with blown shocks.
Body roll would be reduced just by having a front and rear strut as well. CF spec (I believe) also makes a full undercarriage kit as well.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Body roll would be reduced just by having a front and rear strut as well. CF spec (I believe) also makes a full undercarriage kit as well.
Oh yeah fs. The polyurethane bushing upgrade was a small improvement lol..... I'm waiting until I have money to purchase the TruHart lowering spring shocks combined with Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts