8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

121 - 140 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
^ Who was that directed at? I didn't say anything about injectors or walboro being the only solution.
He's trying to help you (and others) Steve. Juggs knows a thing or two about S/Cs.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Why does everyone say you have to have mounts? I didn't have mounts in my last sc setup and didn't have any issues. I mean I plan on getting the rear hasport mount, but that's it.

·
Registered
28,320 Posts
He's trying to help you (and others) Steve. Juggs knows a thing or two about S/Cs.
Thanks for the cred but I don't have as much knowledge as another who posts in this thread. That person knows waaay more than me & can give more insight into questions than I am able to.

I will say that installing a JRSC on an 8th was an eye opening experience compared to a Comptech.
I am just going off from what I've read on here and what some of my friends with experience tell me.
That's good you have friends who have experience in these matters so you can go to them when you need help yourself.

Saying something is crap is kind of moot without giving reason/s why you feel that way.
I know, I think maybe I fell victim to what is stated in his signature haha
That is exactly the reason why I must have that in my sig.
Why does everyone say you have to have mounts? I didn't have mounts in my last sc setup and didn't have any issues. I mean I plan on getting the rear hasport mount, but that's it.
You don't have to have mounts Jeremy but it's a really good idea to. Watch some dyno vids & see how much the motor flops back & forth when it's under load & when it's not. All that flopping gets transmitted right down the drivetrain.

I started off with an Ingalls Powerstick but the day my blower was installed a set of Boombas were installed. I've installed several more sets of Boombas for people & not a one has had any complaints. On one particular car the vibrations that most people whine about were pretty much non-existent. His car felt just about the same as before with the OEM tq rods inside the car in the front seats.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I see your point but any 1 that will be putting down SC'ed power should invest in motor mounts for the feel and performance that comes with it. It will help put more power to the ground,less stress on other components,more aggressive sound Ive had my Boomba mounts on for at least 10k and they've treated me very well.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Would it matter if you weren't wanting to drag the car? Like I said, I only was going to put the rear hasport one in there b/c I would like to keep it a little still, but I'm not all about having the interior rattle more than it does now. I don't want my car to feel like a vibrator while the a/c's on. I only plan on using the car for autox and time attack if anything, but mostly just point a to point b while having a good time.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I dont get 2 much vibration with the AC on but the Rear hasport should help a lot and is the main tq rod needed to stop any flex in the motor.

What RH you using ?

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I had the tq damper for 3 years and it would Vibrate some with the AC on but i will be completely honest when i say it the Boomba mounts dont vibrate enough when the AC is on enough for me to be annoyed by it..

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
Neither 1 of those really require a rear mount to prevent them from flexing and hitting the sub frame but with the Hasport mount you mentioned you will be fine..

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I had the tq damper for 3 years and it would Vibrate some with the AC on but i will be completely honest when i say it the Boomba mounts dont vibrate enough when the AC is on enough for me to be annoyed by it..
I added spacers and I don't have vibration issues with the AC on with my torque dampener.

Boomba has two different kinds of motor mounts for our car. I'm guessing the one that says it eliminates 100%(hard to believe) wheel hop is the one to get.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
That would defeat the purpose of me not wanting there to be a bunch of vibration. I know there would be a bunch with the full set. If I wanted the entire set, I would go with innovate.

121 - 140 of 241 Posts