8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
For a SC application, it kind of is. If you could save 300 dollars and only lose 4 or so WHP why go 3 inch if your planning to keep the car as it is? Unless you want to squeeze every last HP out of the car then 2.5 or 2.75 inch really is fine.
It is funny that my car made 340hp, I wrenched on a 400+hp RSX, and I personally know of a 375hp RSX that all run 2.5" exhausts, yet people still get bent out of shape when you say that anything over 2.5" for a supercharged 2.0L/2.4L is overkill.

Anyone around here putting wheel horsepower numbers like that on their 3" exhausts?

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
It is funny that my car made 340hp, I wrenched on a 400+hp RSX, and I personally know of a 375hp RSX that all run 2.5" exhausts, yet people still get bent out of shape when you say that anything over 2.5" for a supercharged 2.0L/2.4L is overkill.

Anyone around here putting wheel horsepower numbers like that on their 3" exhausts?
Hey Eric, do you wrench on other peoples' cars? Just wondering and if so, what do you do?

OP, nice writeup.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
i was hoping for a little more than 4hp. hopefully it is. Since its forced induction usually the gains are more for ad ons like exhaust etc...

id be happy with 10 from 2.5 to 3.0 but i guess if you are trying to save money then maybe not the best.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i was hoping for a little more than 4hp. hopefully it is. Since its forced induction usually the gains are more for ad ons like exhaust etc...

id be happy with 10 from 2.5 to 3.0 but i guess if you are trying to save money then maybe not the best.
Your not going to get 10+WHP from changing from 2.5 to 3.0. I'm pretty sure about that. In this application of the M62 blower, I don't think 10+WHP is had by changing from 2.5 inch to 3.0 inch.

If someone can show me consistent proof of the same dyno and mods apart from a 2.5 and 3.0 inch then prove me wrong...

And yes Real... lol... I got bored and decided my Comparative Literature class was too much for one night!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
OP, what was your budget? I know some people have spent over $12k on their SC setups.
LOL 12k? That's like custom cooling etc plus more... can't think of 12k.

Hmm I'd say everything including tax and everything (hotel near dyno, etc) was about 6,500-7K. It's roughly a bit cheaper than turbo but easier to drive day to day.

I've been riding around on both Derek from Innovative's tune and Mike from E-Tunez who made it safe on the street for months with no problem. There was a time where I'd datalog 4x a day for Mike when I was getting tuned, but once it was perfected I've datalogged only really occasionally and everything is perfect.

To clear up some confusion too, you don't need to make oil changes every 3K. Your motor oil is not bein used for cooling like a turbo, so every 5-6K is FINE. I went 5,900 miles before my change and the oil wasn't THAT dirty, but it was time for a change. I'm going to update this in my first post.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
^^ mine runs the same way. I changed my oil at 4k and it was actually very clean and I never needed to add any in between.

21 - 40 of 241 Posts