8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
i check moss motors and they have nothing that is for japanese cars or have any jackson racing superchargers, i went through every page on this thread and everyone is showing great numbers on the supercharger. i have 2010 white fa5 with 41k miles and saving up for comptech supercharger with no bolt ons. since jackson racing is out of the market im just gonna go with comtech. just 6 more months cant wait till summer, and good job everyone i have learn alot from every single one of you

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow thanks for this post, i already have i/h/e fp so i guess all i need now is the kit, gauge, better injectors, and save up for a clutch? Am i correct???

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wow thanks for this post, i already have i/h/e fp so i guess all i need now is the kit, gauge, better injectors, and save up for a clutch? Am i correct???

Some people don't use gauges, I have the a/f and boost gauges. I also heard the stock clutch is good, but to be safe I would upgrade to an exedy clutch. The kit comes with a set of spark plugs (denso iridiums I believe) I used the ngk iridiums one step colder plugs. For injectors I used ID 725 I think. Just keep in mind, if you plan on doing further upgrades such as a smaller pulley, aftercooler kit etc, you might need to use a different size injector or possibly 2 step colder plugs. Don't quote me on any of this tho. Just going based on the research I have done in the past. Hope this helps. And good luck with your build!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some people don't use gauges, I have the a/f and boost gauges. I also heard the stock clutch is good, but to be safe I would upgrade to an exedy clutch. The kit comes with a set of spark plugs (denso iridiums I believe) I used the ngk iridiums one step colder plugs. For injectors I used ID 725 I think. Just keep in mind, if you plan on doing further upgrades such as a smaller pulley, aftercooler kit etc, you might need to use a different size injector or possibly 2 step colder plugs. Don't quote me on any of this tho. Just going based on the research I have done in the past. Hope this helps. And good luck with your build!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Ahh alright, any reason why you got the ngk plugs instead of the denso iridiums? And would the injectors you have be alright to run if i got just the base cte kit? Also how are the kraftswerks kit? I heard they are quality but i dont want anything to much, i just want to get a good base start and go up from there mod wise in my own pace. Just trying to start right and not end up putting an extra $3000 on fixing stuff

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Just bought a CT Stage 2 kit!!!!

It does not have injectors. Some of my mates are saying get 725cc and others are saying 1000cc.

Would it be better to get the larger capacity injectors in case I wanted to add more power down the road?

I also heard I need spark plugs in the 8/9 range.

Do I need an upgraded fuel pump?

Basically I want to know what I physically have to buy extra besides the blower in order to run on the street. I already know I need a tune immediately.

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Get the 1,000 and might as well upgrade the fuel pump since you will already be in there. Yup...you will need plugs. Ngk2669 I think are the ones...

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Yep I read through that casually. And of course I will read with greater detail after I receive my SC :thumb:

thanks

I read like every thread on the S2 Alpha RH before I installed it. Def saved me a lot of surprises

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
Does anyone here know how much SC oil goes into an M62?

I've heard everything from 4 oz to 8 oz.

Anyone have any good info?

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
Does anyone here know how much SC oil goes into an M62?

I've heard everything from 4 oz to 8 oz.

Anyone have any good info?
1 bottle of the S/C fluid is all you should need, you need to fill the SC while its level, you want the oil to come up slightly below the fill/drain hole. kinda like when filling our trans with fluid.

Also you can read this: MossPerformance.com High Performance Parts & Accessories

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I just bought an 06 Si stock. I have never built up a Honda had an evo but it was already modded. So my question is, I would like to have my car at 350hp for now any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
i seem to only find jackson racing kits for the r18 motors.. do they work on k20z3?? or is there something i seem to be missing here?
great post btw very informative
JRSC didnt create the kit, moss motors did. As far as sourcing one im not sure. U'll have to wait until someone else comments.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
i seem to only find jackson racing kits for the r18 motors.. do they work on k20z3?? or is there something i seem to be missing here?
great post btw very informative
Jackson racing does not make a supercharger for the Si anymore. They do make one for the R18 but it is a rotrex style (not roots style). This is a similar design to the kraftwerks.

And no, the R18 S/C will not work the the Si. If you want the JRSC you will need to fine one used. If you want new then you will have to go with the CompTech or KW.

I have heard the jackson racing is coming out with a Rotrex SC for the Si though. Not sure when.

221 - 240 of 241 Posts