8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Yup all the time...:lildevil:

No generally In alot of peoples opinion superchargers are more reliable than turbos in almost every aspect.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
not exactly, they just often get really hot, and then you'll end up getting heatsoak and loose power. beside they don't have intercooler like turbo to keep them cooler and their air. but they are run by coolant to keep them away from overheating.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Under regular operating conditions, an eaton supercharger will run very hot, while a whipple supercharger has a more desirable temperature throughout the entire rpm range, but they usually cant rev as high as an eaton can. My 2c

·
Registered
232 Posts
Highrev1 said:
Coolant? THey don't run coolant, and there will be a intercooled option for them...
To add to this, usually with a s/c you can run an intercooler, or aftercooler to help keep airflow cool.

·
Registered
232 Posts
siracing17 said:
so in the end which do you think is a better buy a turbo or a supercharger
With our high compression engines its much safer to go with an s/c, the extra buck is worth the reliability.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Highrev1 said:
Coolant? THey don't run coolant, and there will be a intercooled option for them...
strange, cause i thought only the vortech or jackson racing rotrex supercharger can have an option for an intercooler.

·
Registered
232 Posts
depends on whether its eaton or whipple, they have different effective ranges per model, but usually 50-250 additional whp, depending on stage.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
:wavey: Hi I am Greg From Redshiftmotorsports and that is what we are working on is a cooled Roots/Twinscrew kit. Utalizing this manifold it will get plumbed to a FMIC or aftercooler. :wavey: Lots of info for us...Start reading :D ANd on this topic in general I would search this site to find it...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts