8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got a new Civic Si and I was wondering if after you install the Comptech Supercharger, how easy would it be to uninstall it and put it back to stock spec so that the dealership cant tell that it has been tampered with? Would the supercharger cause any damage, I am asking this because I usually keep a car 2-3 years and I leased the car but I want more power. Any help would be appreciated........................Oh and I more thing how easy is it to install then uninstall a coilover system.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
dont bother supercharging a leased car...its just not worth it.
but to answer your question, it will cost at least $595 to flash the computer back to stock...and the uninstallation can be done by yourself for free....

·
Registered
898 Posts
Z_ro said:
Hello, I just got a new Civic Si and I was wondering if after you install the Comptech Supercharger, how easy would it be to uninstall it and put it back to stock spec so that the dealership cant tell that it has been tampered with? Would the supercharger cause any damage, I am asking this because I usually keep a car 2-3 years and I leased the car but I want more power. Any help would be appreciated........................Oh and I more thing how easy is it to install then uninstall a coilover system.
Even if you "put it back to stock" as you call it, as soon as any one that know anything about engines pops the hood, it'll be obvious that alot of work has been done under the hood. Also pointless, absolutely pointless, to make any mod's to a leased car. Mod's and leasing do not go hand-in-hand, that's what traditional financing/purchasing, is for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the information, I would like to get it with a supercharger under warranty but I am unable to find a dealership in my area that would accept that. I guess I should just wait till the lease is up in 3 years and while doing that save money for another car, maybe the new GTR. Well thanks for all the information guys.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
ryanster01 said:
where? how? how much? the comptech brand or something else?
where - the closest comptech authorized honda/acura dealer
how - installed by certified mechanic
how much - varies depending on dealer
competach/acura/honda will warrenty their products if installed at an authorized dealer.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Vince said:
Even if you "put it back to stock" as you call it, as soon as any one that know anything about engines pops the hood, it'll be obvious that alot of work has been done under the hood. Also pointless, absolutely pointless, to make any mod's to a leased car. Mod's and leasing do not go hand-in-hand, that's what traditional financing/purchasing, is for.
I should show you some pics of my last leased car. A lease isn't an automatic bad thing and if you do it properly you can come out ahead in the deal. I've done it on my last 3 cars and it's always been less expensive than traditional financing.

The ONLY time you shouldn't mod a leased car is if you plan on turning it in at the end of the lease.

·
Registered
898 Posts
quality_sound said:
I should show you some pics of my last leased car. A lease isn't an automatic bad thing and if you do it properly you can come out ahead in the deal. I've done it on my last 3 cars and it's always been less expensive than traditional financing.

The ONLY time you shouldn't mod a leased car is if you plan on turning it in at the end of the lease.
Thats exactly, I thought, what I was getting at!! I love leasing, too!! :)

~toodles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts