8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
there is no spoon
16,809 Posts
The biggest challenge to making power with the b.o.m. SC setup's is always cooling. Even Danny will tell you that while his blower may be capable of >500whp, it'll be a struggle to make it a reality without a more robust cooling setup.

The KW kit's biggest detractor to making power is fitment under the hood. Fitting a bigger blower is a problem. So the KW kit is currently limited to ~400whp until a solution for fitting a bigger Rotrex on there comes out. That said, ~400whp is plenty for most people on this car.

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
Got a newb question and figured this thread was the best place to ask it...what motor oil are you SC guys running? Will be getting a ct stg 2 here pretty soon. Just looking for a couple opinions on oil weight. One SC veteran recommends 10w30, just wanted to get some opinions. Is 10w30 ran by everybody?
I actually switched from 5w30 to 10w30 last LOF.
I did a brief search, but couldn't come up with to much.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hey Guys, i am looking at hopefully having just under 300WHP with the supercharger set up i have. When does a guy need to start looking at aftercoolers? I would prefer to not pony up for one. I know i know.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I made 305whp & 207wtq on a ct stage 2 setup w/ invidia rh, q300 and hybrid racing CAI. It's probably not a consistent 305, which is why I ordered Vits a/c along with bigger tb etc. So to answer your question, yes you could make 300 without an a/c.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

61 - 74 of 74 Posts