8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how often are you guys with comptechs changing your supercharger oil? and also what kind of oil are you useing?.
I've got a few ford friends with 03 cobras and they usually do it every 15-20k but there modded. Ford says 100k but i'd rather spend a few dollars for the peace of mind.
you guys think the eaton m62 takes the same oil as lets say a 03 cobra's charger?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive heard that as well. but i still think as cheap as the oil is. i might do it every 10k and the belt too. im kinda paranoid but i dont see a problem with being over protective on your daily driver. as long as its not overly expensive. its like reg oil changes. i do mobile 1 every 3k and although people say you dont need to for 5-6k its only about 35 bucks for the oil so why not right? :p
except last time. i bought the multi pack at pep boys that has 6 quarts in a box and the upc scans as 1 quart and the chick at the counter was to stupid to multiply it by 6 she just saw the 1 item scan up so i walked out rather quickly with 6 quarts of mobil 1 for 6.35 lol.
i know im a bad person.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
don't try to 1 up me with the paranoya mr. i won't have it!.
lol. 80k? hm. maybe your right with the 30k intervals. but the belt is where ive heard people have had problems. so 15k sounds about right. better safe then Found On Roadside Daily.
oops i spelled ford :)

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Personally i think changing your S/C oil every 10,000 miles is extreme over kill. Especially when you realize how much of a ***** it is to bolt and un-bolt that blower to the manifold. Get ready for some scraped up hands and arms. (remove metal piece over radiator Hint hint).

You'll see what i mean when you install it LOL.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you have to unbolt the blower from the manifold? awww i thought it would be like the 03 cobras where u can do it with everything bolted together. they have that drain plug on the front of the blower you just have to syringe it out. we just did it on my buddies cobra last week. hes got 30k on his car btw with a stepped down pulley 490whp 510 wtq. so we figured it had to be time to do the oil.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
See the little black screw on the blower kinda just below the A/C line in the pic. thats the oil plug. its in a screwed up location. So unless we can get some kind of hose attached to a syringe in there then i imagine we will have to remove the blower from the manifold to drain it.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yeah. hm. well i used a piece of tubbing from an aquariam tank. found at a local pet store attached to a syringe for the 03 cobra. and its very flexible. i think it would work ;)

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i wanna join the cool kids club:sadwavy:
soon boys. soon. it will be a trio of happiness lol :vtec::lildevil:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya but they don't post as regularly. too bad were not in the same area. a comptech SC meet would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
yea that would be awesome.

LOL there are 4 other Si's in my area and none of them can figure out why i leave them sittin in my dust. lol.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
they can't figure out that the scream of 1000 irish banshee's coming from your hood doesnt equate to intakes and exhausts? :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts