8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Is this posible to install supercharger if I have in my car KSI go power cams?

Marcin

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
I am curios why a lot of people don't do this as i plan too it would easily push you over the 300hp barrier gl..

·
Team Orange
34,056 Posts
I have heard from some one that Go Power is in work on some Super Charger cams that are based off of the KSI cams..... The intake cam might be the same.. but the exhaust cam would be different...:coffee:... So the KSI's "should" work....with the S/C..:scratches::think:

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I am curios why a lot of people don't do this as i plan too it would easily push you over the 300hp barrier gl..
because with most cams you have to change the valve train too, and if you do that, make sure you change the tensioner as well

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
because with most cams you have to change the valve train too, and if you do that, make sure you change the tensioner as well
That's obvious with any cam upgrade stage2 of course since stage 1 is a waste of time because it would push them past the 300hp mark..

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
to some people its not, have you been on the other internals thread? they will have you confused as to what you need a valve train for and what's drop in.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
to some people its not, have you been on the other internals thread? they will have you confused as to what you need a valve train for and what's drop in.
O i completely understand i would just hope any 1 looking to do any of this stuff has done some type of research on what works the best..

·
Registered
219 Posts
What about using KSi cams with a turbo charged car? That's what I'm looking at. I remember seeing people using skunk2 stage 2 pro series cams for B-series motors with turbo setup making more power then the CTR cams.

·
Registered
477 Posts
What about using KSi cams with a turbo charged car? That's what I'm looking at. I remember seeing people using skunk2 stage 2 pro series cams for B-series motors with turbo setup making more power then the CTR cams.
I have running from a week ago: Gopower springs, retainers, keepers, wiseco pistons 9.8/1 and rods with some local (argentine) cams similar KSI Gopower because they dont have in stock from long ago.
With my CT supercharger 3" pulley making 12 psi.
ID 1000 injectors, etc..
Need to tune all with AIS wather met kit that is installed in the car.
Also thinking in increase psi up to 15/16 like in some Club RSX cars
Then going to migrate soon to a Full Race FP HTA turbo (GT35)
(that the reason in decrease compression)

I have read about NA cams with big turbos:
From Evans Tuning:

"Turbo cams dont have enough lift and duration to make good power with equal length manifolds and larger turbo set-ups. With a good equal length manifold (Full Race for instance), and a larger sized turbo (Gt35r, GT40r, GT42r, etc) you have to treat the engine like its NA. The larger turbine wheel and equal length manifolds actually decrease backpressure and increase exhaust scavenging. This allows you to run a higher lift cam, and with more overlap. This is why you are seeing the gains out of these camshafts. Turbo cams do the opposite (decrease lift and duration). There really is no reason to use turbo cams if you have an efficient turbo set-up, whether its a race or street application."

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oh I know this. I'm running a GT35, neukin manifold, 3" downpipe and CTR cams on my B16 civic si. I will soon do the same thing to my 8th gen civic but I want to know if the KSi or V1R cams are the way to go with a nice race turbo setup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.