8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im curious on who has these and are happy with either one. i want to later do a supercharger but i am worried i will not be happy with the power. its going to be a daily driven car. or should i go all motor and bolt ons??

want to know whats best and what i would be happy with?!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
well if you want something that won't wear out your engine out fast then stick with bolt ons, with forced induction, it depends on the tune and driving habits that will determine the life of the motor, if you have a heavy right foot, the life of the motor will diminish. In order to have fun, you must take a risk.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well if you want something that won't wear out your engine out fast then stick with bolt ons, with forced induction, it depends on the tune and driving habits that will determine the life of the motor, if you have a heavy right foot, the life of the motor will diminish. In order to have fun, you must take a risk.
if i go with all bolt ons will i be happy with the power?! bc i know if i do the SC roughly i get 50hp.

what would happen if i broke into the motor and SC??

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
What's not to like about the power a S/C will put out?nice low and midrange with good top end?unless you really NEED over 300 or so HP I would recommend the S/C for DD.My reasons for not choosing T/c or N/A?With a turbo you won't have quite the low and midrange that a S/C will and N/a is alot mor expensive than either and you are limited to the fuel you can afford to run.At best you may be able to break 260 WHP N/A for a DD car but it will cost more than the car itself.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
if i go with all bolt ons will i be happy with the power?! bc i know if i do the SC roughly i get 50hp.

what would happen if i broke into the motor and SC??
like i said bro, if takes risk in order to have fun, with bolt ons, you still have fun with that without worrying about your egt's or oil pressure, etc that comes with f/i. Trust me, with that extra 50hp from the supercharger you will be :dancing:. And plus you can build off the supercharger, i think comptech have a stage 2, haven't really looked into it but i think stage 2 might be shy of 300hp, if kpro ever comes out, a f/i setup would be really ideal with kpro.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
like i said bro, if takes risk in order to have fun, with bolt ons, you still have fun with that without worrying about your egt's or oil pressure, etc that comes with f/i. Trust me, with that extra 50hp from the supercharger you will be :dancing:. And plus you can build off the supercharger, i think comptech have a stage 2, haven't really looked into it but i think stage 2 might be shy of 300hp, if kpro ever comes out, a f/i setup would be really ideal with kpro.
thats whats up! i have been debating whether i should break into the motor and worry whether not something later down the road something happen and not be happy with the end result. or go with the SC and be happy

·
Registered
49 Posts
All Motor - need ALOT of money esspecially if you mean changing internals and all

Turbo - need a lot of money to maintain and if your car isn't turbo from factory...prepare to repair when things break down

S/C - best bang for the buck for the for power. easy to maintain.

my plan is to get all bolt ons and flash pro and eventually get a stage 2 comptech.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
for me, i orginally wanted to stay all motor cause i figured n/a was better than forced induction. but like stated above all motor means alot more money invested cause of internals and everything. i plan on s/c eventually im already switch exhaust system on my car for a better one in preperation for a s/c eventually. i'd say s/c best bang for buck.

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
What's not to like about the power a S/C will put out?nice low and midrange with good top end?unless you really NEED over 300 or so HP I would recommend the S/C for DD.My reasons for not choosing T/c or N/A?With a turbo you won't have quite the low and midrange that a S/C will and N/a is alot mor expensive than either and you are limited to the fuel you can afford to run.At best you may be able to break 260 WHP N/A for a DD car but it will cost more than the car itself.
:yeahthat:

·
Banned
5,376 Posts
if i were you i would go sc. been in a car with sc and it pulls crazy hard and it was untuned. if you go n/a its very expensive. a buddy of mine is 8k deep just on parts. now you figure the labor. imo n/a too expensive. how long do you think your going to keep the car for? if until you die then invest the money because it will be something you will use for a long time. if your only planning on keeping teh car for lets say 5-10 yrs its not worth it to sink boatloads of money in it. 3500 installed and tuned for jrsc is more ideal. 300whp w/full bolt ons is more than enough on the street or track. its not like your tracking 100 times a year. plus 300whp is very usable on teh street. i know some people with 400-500 whp turbo setups but traction is always going to be an issue no matter what tires they run.

imo go full bolt on w/sc. you will love it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.