8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site has influenced me to constantly do some DIY stuff to my car.
but....
1) I am stingy.
2) I have no patience for stuff to be shipped.
3) Its cold out side to do otherstuff.

So I decided to get some nice blue "ambient" lighting in my trunk.

Step 1: Get some spam snail mail, ones with transparent cut outs for the To Address, with see through cellophane.

Step 2: Get some blue marker, and cover the whole surface area. You can use lindt wrappers, to lazy too go and get blue cellophane.

Step 3: Stick it on your trunk light. (In pic 3, if you put it half way, you can just throw blue light towards the back of the trunk, so if you have a sub, it just lights that up)

I tried some shots with my cam in night mode, but I am unable to show you the effect nicely.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
take a pic in the dark i wanna see how it is in the dark

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
not to be **** or anything but instead of going that umm.. ghetto, just go to an Audio Visual Store, check out the lighting section and pick yourself up some color gels. They are transparent sheets of film that come in any color you want plus they are used on super hot lights so they wont melt.... and they don't look so umm ghetto. Love the idea though!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
lol

Ghetto ! hahahaha.......i was expecting "rice", "wannabe", "cheapazs".....not ghetto, but ....thanks for the feedback.....but since no one bothers to "bend over" to see whats there below, I might keep it. Btw, rest of my car is stock, and I am gonna keep it this way.....unless another day like this and I wrap my steelies in foil to bring some bling.....yeah steelies....see, told u im stingy....

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
take a pic in the dark i wanna see how it is in the dark
Tried taking snaps in the dark, coming out too dark, even with a night shot....but I put in some **** and it looks nice/rice and blue...

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
For some reason I am feeling rather empathetic so I'll tell you what.... I happen to work in the A/V field and work with those color gels I was telling you about all the time. So when the marker wears off or... melts... PM and Ill mail you a sheet of any color for free. (I used these gels on my dome lights and they turned out nice)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For some reason I am feeling rather empathetic so I'll tell you what.... I happen to work in the A/V field and work with those color gels I was telling you about all the time. So when the marker wears off or... melts... PM and Ill mail you a sheet of any color for free. (I used these gels on my dome lights and they turned out nice)
hahaha......I was just messing around, I like the Gel idea, this I just did to see if it would look good with blue........didn't want to buy LEDs, do all the effort of fixing it and then finding out blue just looked rice. But thanks for the offer though, might get to the local A/V store after work and check it out.......

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
O....M....G....!!!

THAT IS JUST "SPECIAL"

about all i could say///

^.^

·
Registered
275 Posts
how much do you charge I want the same thing?? labor shoudn't be more then 200$ right.

lmk I am really interested:thumb:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
should of just colored the clear lense instead of the clear snail mail window. After a while the color burns off or you could just windex it off, so no worries on messing up the lense.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts