8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would a jackson racing supercharger for a SI fit on a EX?? i know its a noob question but i havent seen or heard of anything doing this. Im curious about it. the s/c is almost 4G's and im jsut curious as to if it could work and what you would recommend???

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright well i know they have them for the SI but i didnt know if they had them out for the EX yet.... and i keep seeing the Greedy turbo all over but i hear alot of horror stories about them

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
alright well i know they have them for the SI but i didnt know if they had them out for the EX yet.... and i keep seeing the Greedy turbo all over but i hear alot of horror stories about them
Yeah I guess I have heard more bad stories about turbo's then S/C but I think that is because turbo's are more popular. Turbo is really your only option when it comes to r18.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i found one that is a TSI for $3195.00 that produces an extra 70whp @ 6psi and comes with everything and dynoing. then for an extra $379.00 they have the AEM FIC plug-an-play harness. any thoughts???

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so what is the purpose of the plug and play harness?? just curious. sorry the tuner world is wierd for me i cam from trucks and muscle cars...

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Plug and Play harness is what it would be if you read it as-is. Same thing you would if you have a cd-player in the car. It's much better than splicing wires in other words. What made you switch sides and own an EX over an SI?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
This about this...

If you just sell your EX and get an Si, you'll be getting the same increase in HP that you would boosting your R18. In addition, you'll have the reliability of a stock car, a higher revving engine, better interior, etc for the same amount of money it would cost to turbo the car you already have.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i test drove and SI and fell in love with it until i went to sign the papers and did my final walk through of the vehicle... found alot of things wrong with it and they had tacked on a BUNCH of extra stuff that was never agreed on and they kind of pressured me into signing the papers for the SI and stuff so i elft that dealership and went to another one and they didnt have an Si's in and it sucked but they had the EX. i was in despret need of a vehicle so i got the EX and i regret not getting an SI but i like my EX

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i agree but right now where im at getting the SI is out of the question because i ahve only had my EX for 7 months now so alot of palces are like well we cant finanace u etc etc.. soo im jsut going to pay it down for right now and eventually get an SI

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.