8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the better option for a 2008 civic si coupe? And how should i go about either super or turbo charging my car?

·
Registered
770 Posts
I typically go all N/A before even thinking to super/turbo charge...get an intake, exhaust, header, throttle body, flywheel, clutch, reflash and suspension mods before thinking about going F/I.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Which is the better option for a 2008 civic si coupe? And how should i go about either super or turbo charging my car?
:police:

It sounds like you need to do A LOT more research. You need to first:

- Understand the basics of how an engine actually works (pistons, compression, ignition, cam timing, etc)
- Understand the different methods of forced induction (turbo vs supercharger, and what the advantages & disadvantages are)
- Basic knowledge of tuning (manipulating fuel/ignition maps for FI - added fuel, retarding the ignition)
- Obtain large amounts of money

THEN you can proceed with making your choice, following through, and feeling good about all the neat stuff you just learned/accomplished.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Either root should be fine as long you don't put a cheap turbo or super on it. Its going to cost you ALOT though. I would go I/H/E/ECU/Flywheel/Clutch then I would get a Comptech Supercharger, upgraded fuel system, appropriate intercooler, Comptech ECU...maybe. At that point in time I would technically own a 30Kish civic...hmmm

1 - 20 of 27 Posts