8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received my solenoid in the mail a few hours ago. It arrived in just 3 days! I immediately opened it up (in excitement, of course :woowoo: :dancing: ) and this is what the packing revealed:

I opened up the package, everything seemed to have been neatly placed into the MAC solenoid box, which contained the MAC solenoid, 2 fittings, and the filter.

I was very pleased with how properly everything was done. I have yet to install my turbo kit, however Supa Ninja (Nick) did full testing of this solenoid on his own car with his own solenoid initially before sending anything out. I'm sure when everything is installed, it will work exactly as it should. Rarely do other members on a forum go out of their way to help others, and Nick did just that. I just wanted to give him a little write up to thank him, although he had no idea this was coming :lildevil: $50 shipped definitely beats the $100+ Hondata Boost Solenoid, and it's EXACTLY the same thing! Well, without the $50 Hondata sticker, of course. :wigglesmiley:

P.S.- The manifold does not come with the awesome Supa Ninja solenoid :giggle:

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
thanks guys, I wired it up exactly like mucter's diy. hondata also has a a really detailed write up in the fpm help file. One wire goes to B2 and the other goes to gnd(i put it on the same gnd as the ECU), the wires are not polarity sensitive. you'll need a 10a fuse on the wire that goes to the ECU. Oriol yours is going on a internal gate so 2 goes to the actuator, and 3 to the boost ref(i'm using the compressor housing), and 1 is the filter.

Dan yours is ext gated so the hondata help file has an excellent diagram showing how to hook it up.

both of you guys will have to experiement with the freq. I'm running a huge spring in my acutator so that affects what freg i need to run. i tried 20hz but i found 31hz is working great. Soxfan is having the greatest success with 20hz. experimenting will be required.

keep me posted on how its working for you two.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts