8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had my driver side sun visor split in have at the hinge like everyone else. I made a cheap fix. All you need is a #20 drill bit, two long enough #8-32 screws, two star lock washers & one nut for each screw. Drill a hole 3/8" from the centerline of the pivot bar (going into the visor) & about 3/8" from the outside end corner of the visor. This puts the screw between the pivot bar & the molded dip in the visor. Drill all the way thru. Drill the 2nd hole 3.5" away from the 1st but on the centerline with the pivot bar. If you visor is split enough, you will be able so see that there is nothing in there where I drilled & is perfectly safe. Just install the screws, washers & nuts, make a mark where to trim the screws (if too long), then reassemble. If you don't like seeing the screw heads (I barely notice them), then you can always countersink one side of the holes & use flat head screws & paint the heads & nuts flat gray. If you don't see the pics here then just email me at [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
u lost me in the first couple sentences...

try and edit your post with like a required tools part...

then step by step instructions. not all in one paragraph..

am waiting for it easier to read because i have same problem

+1 if it works

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Yes, but did they tell you to go fly a kite, or did they simply swap it out for free? And did you deal through the Parts&Service Dept or did you just call up the salesperson who sold you the vehicle?
what?
If you have warranty they have to change out that stupid sun visor. I havent heard of resistance to having it changed as it is one of the easier things to have warrantied.
Go talk to a service advisor they should under warranty fix it.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
That's good to hear then. I've had my '09 for 3 months and will bring it in to have them check out the jiggling sound in my driver's door in that case..."No sorry, we don't hear a sound; go fly a kite!" :laughing:
OP, good job on making the fix!

·
Registered
785 Posts
i have a question. if you need something replace by warranty can you go to any honda dealership or just the one you bought it at? and i you go to a different one, do they care where you bought it from and ask questions? how does this work?

·
Registered
224 Posts
hi, I actually thought about something similar to fix mine, they are still under warranty but when I told the dealer to check them they told me there was nothing wrong with them so these won't be replaced. But I don't like the look of the srews and I can't figure out what to use instead, any suggestion

besides that, good work

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i have a question. if you need something replace by warranty can you go to any honda dealership or just the one you bought it at? and i you go to a different one, do they care where you bought it from and ask questions? how does this work?
You can take it to any stealership. Just make sure they know what they are doing. It is a simple job that shouldn't take more then 15 - 20 minutes if that. However, they could be careless and damage your car in other ways.

Regardless of where the work is done if it is done under warranty the stealership gets paid by Honda of America. It is money in their pocket.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
hi, I actually thought about something similar to fix mine, they are still under warranty but when I told the dealer to check them they told me there was nothing wrong with them so these won't be replaced. But I don't like the look of the srews and I can't figure out what to use instead, any suggestion

besides that, good work
Print out and take TSB 08-023 with you the next time you go. Also, I'd suggest you find another dealership to take your car to. It is obvious they don't care and take you for some fool.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.