8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new set of Sumitomo HTR Z III in today. I'm replacing the old set of Falken. I have a set of Sumitomo on my foxbody and my Ram. Let's see how they work out on the SI. :dance:

I'll make sure to do a good burn out w/ the old tires. :dancing:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I had the HTR Z I or II, I can't remember. I only bought them because they were really cheap and I will never buy a cheap set of tires again. The sidewall was so weak that any little pothole or dip I would hit, my car would move around instead of going straight. The car just felt really unstable to me.

I hope they addressed that issue with the HTR Z III's. Please let us know how they feel. I'm running Toyo Proxes 4 now and love em.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I had the HTR Z I or II, I can't remember. I only bought them because they were really cheap and I will never buy a cheap set of tires again. The sidewall was so weak that any little pothole or dip I would hit, my car would move around instead of going straight. The car just felt really unstable to me.

I hope they addressed that issue with the HTR Z III's. Please let us know how they feel. I'm running Toyo Proxes 4 now and love em.
I can tell you that I replaced my Toyo Proxes 4s with the HTR Z III's and they are so much better in every way - dry handling, wet handling, ride quality, noise - and it's not even close. Considering how low the HTR Z III is priced, they are a steal.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
They really are great tires. I was skeptical at first but read the tests and reviews and decided to try them. I couldn't be more pleased with them.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Do you recall how much you paid for them? When I got the HTR Z II's, I think they were like 65 bucks a tire.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wish! 417 tmd.

Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Serv. Desc: 87YLoad Index 87 = 1201lbs (545kg) per tire
Speed Rating "Y" = 186mph (300kph)
UTQG: Treadwear: 300
Traction: AA
Temperature: A
300 AA APrice: $91.00 (each

tirerack

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Update***** tread down to 2/32nd on the Sumitomo, took about 16 months to wear them out. Went with a new set of Michelin's last weekend.

FYI**** keep your tires rotated! These are my 4th set of tires and I normally do a good job of keeping them rotated, however, I was lazy on the sumitomo set. The tires began to sing going down the road at a young age.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts