8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have about 3000 mile on my 07 Si now. I'm looking to put a turbo on it, need a bit more power. I'm thinking of a Greddy kit, my questions is who many of you have this Greddy kit and are you satisfied. How much boost are you running and what did it cost you guys after the turbo and tuning. Any info would help, thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Just search this thread. Lots of people are asking the same question. The answer = if your only looking for a moderate gain in whp around 250-280whp then the greddy kit is perfect but if your thinking of upgrading that after a year or so.. save your money and get a different kit. There are several hitting the market in the coming year.. the biggest question is tuning. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for quick reply, I'm looking for something thats going to be reliable for a daily driver but I probably would like to do a bit of upgrade in the future. The more I read the threads the harder it seems to make a decision...lol

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I would say AJP since it's upgradable once better engine management comes out. Redshift kit should be very nice. I would say if your going to buy one now get a greddy and upgrade further down the road. It will cost more but its better than risking your engine and money with parts that may not fit right. I know some people have ajp and are fine. I love the power but I hear bad customer service and things and i like to be on the safe side. Good luck

·
Registered
162 Posts
Boost

I dont care what anyone says, 11 to 1 compresion and cast pistons plus boost = blown motor in the long run. The correct recipie for fun is....

REPLACE PISTONS WITH FORGED 9 TO 1 BEFORE TURBO.

This is not an option if you want a car that lasts.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i was leaning towards Greddy, I heard and read many good things about them, as for AJP the customer service isn't all that great and neither is fitment from what many people say on here but whats fitment with aftermarket right? I'm just trying to get around 300WHP nothing too crazy right now, i know eventually i'm going to want to build the motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts