8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have two 10" kicker CVRs. Had them for around 10 months now and they stopped working. At first I thought it was a connection issue somewhere and not really any kind of sub/amp issue since they would kind of cut in and out. I checked all my connections and everything was great. So today I hooked an old xplod 12 up to my amp and it worked great. I even took both the 10's out of the box and wired them right to the amp too... nothing. I just can't see both subs blowing at the same time. And why would they cut in and out? I have no idea whats wrong with them. Any input is greatly appreciated... thanks guys.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have a volt meter? If so set the voltmeter to check continuity and apply the leads to the speaker terminals, if it reads 0, your speakers are blown.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Use a DMM (Digital Multi-Meter) to check the resistance on the coils of the CVR's. If it says Overload or 0, the coils are blown. If they read what they're supposed to (3.7 or so for 4 ohm subs) then it sounds like a wiring or amp problem. Maybe you are trying to wire the subs to too low of an ohm load for the amp and it's going into protect?

·
Registered
147 Posts
the digital multi meter will work like an earlier post said, or a simple test, doesn't always work but if you push getly on the woofer cone and move it back and forth if it has a scratchy feel to it like rought rubbing odds are your voice coil is toast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya, i think the coils are taost. They're The DVC subs and the i hooked up the other side and it works. But i think the way i wired it is making the amp put too much power to the subs cuz it cuts out if i turn it up too high. But it works just fine at lower volumes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts