8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'll start with my story today.

Well, I went to go test drive an EX today with my gf. My favorite dealership was closed (Canadian Thanksgiving) where I know a good salesman. Middle-aged mellow guy. Sold me a car in the past. Friends also bought from him.

So, we end up driving to another dealership. Talk to this salesman. Kinda redneckish looking (I'm in Alberta) with a mustache and an "almost" mullet happening. I ask to test drive the manual EX coupe. He says they had manual sedan. I told him I've already driven the automatic version of the sedan. I also comment that the suspension is a little better on the coupe. The guy argues with me...

Even if I was wrong, a good salesman wouldn't do that. I'd rather have someone who was like, "I did not know that. So the coupe handles better?". Anyway, I didn't want to test his knowledge further. He was just wasting my time. Plus, I dealt with a much cooler guy at that dealership before. Younger fellow. Early 20s. Excited about the Civic and was more like, "Did you check out <insert various sites here including 8thgencivic.com>?". Seemed like a well informed guy. He was like "well, I guess I don't have to tell you anything. Wanna go for a drive?". A;so asked if I was waiting on the Si.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
...I'm sorry, did that post suddenly drop out are were you actually done telling the story?

·
Registered
57 Posts
sales man here in VA suck they dont know wtf there talking about, one tells not to make a deposit the other one says not to make one. **** i just want one wen it comes out. and they tell me most likely ill be in a waiting list cuz there going to only get 1 or 2 a month. this is pissing me offffff.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here is a serious question... Would you buy from a salesman who has bad acne, big nose but knows about the cars he is selling and is not pushy.

I feel in today's society it's mostly about looks if you're selling something. What is your opinion?

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
^^^ I don't know why I wouldn't buy from that salesman. We all have to make a living. Just cuz you look good doesn't mean you're a bad salesman. If your hypothetical guy can tell me everything I want to know about a certain car and then some, heck yeah I'd buy from him. It's better than some of these jackhole salesguys out there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bad salesman:

Hyundai salesman #1 tries to tell me the buyout for my car is $22,000 when I know for a fact that it is $14,000. He then back pedals trying to explain to me why he said that then proceeds to tell me how $1000 over MSRP is a good deal for me cause I have bought 3 cars at that dealer already.

Hyundai saleman #2 tells me that if I buy a Hyundai from another city (because they may offer a better price) that I won't get the same level of service when I bring my car in to this dealership. Flips open a page that he got from the last salesman that says "Bad relationship" in big letters on it so I can see it. I ask him what Hyundai Canada would say about that and he tells me he could care less what they say. He then tells me that if I think I can get a better deal in the other dealer than I should.

These guys totally turned me, a loyal hyundai owner for the last 5 years wich includes 3 cars so far, off of Hyundai and onto Honda. Which I am happy for.

Good salesman:

Honda salesman tells me what options come with what cars and lets me test drive the car without comming so I can make up my mind on how the car drives. Gives me a solid quote and then deals with me on the price to what we can both live with. He also threw in tinting.

I also called another Honda dealer in another city and they both said that they do not compete with each other and have a mutual agreement not to. I respect this and find it very honorable.

Me == proud to own Hondas now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I walked away from Honda because I thought the price was too high and they were screwing me, then after shopping around and going through "the ringer" with every other dealer in town...I went back to Honda cause they treated me so much better.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't think so. I think the only difference is that we don't have a NAVI option. And our cars Read KMs/PH and not MPH.

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
I got a call from my dealer today to pick up my license plate. He was a great guy when I bought my car (although not able...or unwilling...to cut me a deal on the price). I rolled in today and he said my car was filthy, and he wouldn't have it on the road. He put the license plate on himself and gave me a token for the on-site automatic car wash. It's not like he installed fog lights and a body kit for no cost, but to save me $9 on a car wash and to personally come out and put the plate on my car...that's service!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts