8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a few guys on here knows that honda ****** up putting on my HFP kit. so i went in today to check the rattle and told them to fix my kit. Basically all 4 sides need to be reattached. They didn't do the sides yet because they need to order new double sided tape so ok i'm cool with that. Then later today i found they used crazy glue to glue my HFP front lip where its popping out. FUK..... I just orderd a new j's racing lip and i do'n tknow hwo the hell i'm going to take it out without damaging the paint......

And one more thing is.. I know that they took my car for a rip because i lost 2 freakin bars on my gas display.....

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well they said they have to take teh car out for test drive to check out the rattle.... i'm fine with that but they had too much fun with it... And i think i should ***** at them .... and retape it back....and tell them to repaint my bumper if they do'nt fix it....

·
Registered
8,780 Posts
Thats SO awful and unprofessional like. Wow!, thats why I would've done my own HFP job. If I ever plan on doing the HFP lip kit, i'll do it myself thank you. I don't trust anyone with my car unless I can't help it. Thats why there are DIY's. Sorry OP. SuperGlue=FTL!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the thing is the car is a lease and theres no way i'm going to do it myself right? If i do it myself i'll have to cough out the money to buy double sided tape and take my time pulling out all those tape stuck on my car. I paid for installation at the dealer, they made a mistake and theres no way i'm going to fix it for them.

I want to go to markham honda because a frd of mine works there so he can take care of me...but i went to RH to refit my kit so i might as well tell them to take a look at my car for the rattles..... and those **** think its fun to rip around with customers car... and they do'nt even realize that the SIs gas goes down fast if you rip it.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Always stay there for the work to keep an eye out. Very rare do i leave the car at any place.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
That sucks man, I would definitely take the car back up there and tell them that you want the front lip removed and if there's any damage to the paint you want the front bumper repainted.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Any Honda dealership that has crazy glue in there tool box, doesnt sound too promising. Obviously they have done this before. Or used it on other cars to repair or stick things together. Hope they dont have duct tape in the same droor !!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am getting my HFP kit installed by Richmond Hill Honda some time this coming week; will keep you guys updated on the quality of the install!
Sorry to revive an old thread but how did your kit come out i'm going tomorrow to get mine installed on my 09 FG2. I have taken my other vehicles there (08 Civic, 04 Pilot) and have never had a problem, they also installed a new CMC on my Si and they drove it for like 2 km. But after reading this i'm nervous lol :pinkohnoes: i'm super anal about my car so if it doesn't come out perfect i'm going to be pissed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts