8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
batang has 2 screen names?

anyways, you cannot shift at wot without the clutch. your friend is a jackass. maybe what you meant is that he is not letting off the throttle while shifting....this is powershifting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know what is powershifting but when he first try it he thought he doesnt have to use the clutch and grind hella bad , but he said he it sucessfully shifted once without using the clutch while not letting off the throttle , is that possible?

·
Banned
37 Posts
im sure its "possible" but its quite possibly one of the dumbest things ive ever heard. You can "float gears" (shift without clutch) at low rpms but at high rpms it is extremely bad for the transmission.

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
I power shifted for the first time, cause I was anxious to catch up to a car and I didnt want to let go of the gas..

...But I used my cluth!:thumb: And didnt even miss any gears..:wavey:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bravo. Your friend has reach the pinnacle of ignorance bliss :thumb:

- Let us know what tranny he swaps into it when this one goes.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
You need to match revs to do this and it's still something that should only be tried with a durable race or other heavy duty box with spur cut gears. Works even better when you've got a large replacement budget and several mechanics who can rip out replace and rebuild the tranny.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
lmfdjtiko said:
my friend just learn about power shifting but he got it wrong, he did it without using the clutch and WOT. he said he sucess once and all other it grind hella bad for like 20 tried lol wtf? he have a ex manual i think, so is his tranny really f33ked up?
:pat:

I just love posts like these...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts