8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay well as some of you may read in my other post that the dealer put 87 octane in my SI when before I bought it. They also put one of their stupid dealer advertisement tags on the front of the car. They are supposed to have screws that hold it on that clip to the front bumper. Well, I went to take it off and I noticed they actually drilled into the front bumper!!!! What idiots! I am so pissed right now. There is a small hole right in the center of my front bumper now where they drilled a screw in. I am going to fly lids off tomorrow! Should I make them put a new front bumper on or have it filled in and repainted?

·
Registered
398 Posts
mmm mine came with front plates BUT they didnt drill holes into the bumper itself. They put 2 holes in the lower black grill towards the corner, when i took it off its totally not noticeable.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
i was one of the lucky ones, they didnt drill a hole in mine, ehhehe, and we require a front plate
werd! Me too!

The day I picked up my car they asked me if I wanted my front license plate attached. I said, "NO! do not put it on there!"

They went on to warn me about it being illegal and said, "Yeah, I always thought they ruined the looks anyway" and laughed. Funny moment as I picked her up :biggrin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I don't think my state requires a front plate. It's not a front license plate it is just a dealer advertisement tag. There was no need for them to drill into the body though because after they did it they took the screw out. There was no screw there because there were two screws holding it on around the bumper "mesh" or whatever it is.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
they are certainly not going to replace your bumper. you would be wasting your breath with that. I would try bumper plugs with the link Janizary posted! If that wont work they might plug it, fill it and paint it for you but that is gonna take some bitching.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they are certainly not going to replace your bumper. you would be wasting your breath with that. I would try bumper plugs with the link Janizary posted! If that wont work they might plug it, fill it and paint it for you but that is gonna take some bitching.
I was going to try the bumper plugs, but the dealer said they have a guy that can fill it and repaint it. They said that they would replace the bumper if it wasn't satisfactory after filling and painting. I guess we will see how it goes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone ever seen a hole like that after it is filled? I just wonder how well they can get a hole drilled into a bumper filled in and flush with the rest of the bumper. I just hope it isn't noticeable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK I just picked the car up from the dealer and I will say that I am very impressed. It looks exactly like it is supposed to stock. They said that they melted plastic into the hole to fill it. I haven't heard of that before, but it does a much better job than body filler. They painted it, and put clear coat on and it looks absolutely amazing. I can't believe there was a drill hole there yesterday. There are zero imperfections in the paint, bumper, or clear coat. I am so pumped!

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
OK I just picked the car up from the dealer and I will say that I am very impressed. It looks exactly like it is supposed to stock. They said that they melted plastic into the hole to fill it. I haven't heard of that before, but it does a much better job than body filler. They painted it, and put clear coat on and it looks absolutely amazing. I can't believe there was a drill hole there yesterday. There are zero imperfections in the paint, bumper, or clear coat. I am so pumped!
Heh... so i guess you should change the title of this thread :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Okay well as some of you may read in my other post that the dealer put 87 octane in my SI when before I bought it. They also put one of their stupid dealer advertisement tags on the front of the car. They are supposed to have screws that hold it on that clip to the front bumper. Well, I went to take it off and I noticed they actually drilled into the front bumper!!!! What idiots! I am so pissed right now. There is a small hole right in the center of my front bumper now where they drilled a screw in. I am going to fly lids off tomorrow! Should I make them put a new front bumper on or have it filled in and repainted?
How did you know that they put 87 octane in it? Did it run funny?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How did you know that they put 87 octane in it? Did it run funny?
No I didn't notice anything. When I went on a test drive they filled the car up as it was just off the delivery truck when I got it. The salesperson was filling up the car and when I went over to drive the car I noticed she was putting 87 in it. I asked her why and she said that the manager always says to put 87 in all of their cars. I was like whatever....... I still bought the car because I really wanted it and figured it would be ok as long as it wasn't pinging or detonating. I put 93 in it and it has been fine. I put 87 in my S2000 once by accident and it didn't do anything so I figured it would be fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts