8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member and have been reading this forum daily before i ordered my NHBP Si Coupe...
So, i get a call today right when I'm leaving work that my car arrived. I'm really excited cause the car wasn't supposed to come till next week. So, i come home, get my insurance set up and have them fax the dealer that im insured.
I get to the dealer and sign everything, but, apparently, my insurance is dated to be effective tomorrow. I'll call them up at the dealer to get a id card that has todays effective date. They send another fax, but its the same thing with a note on the bottom that says its effective today. In PA, your car insurance needs to have the effective date to be current, not some random note on the bottom. So, i call them back and have the dealer talk to them. It ends up they can't do it. So, the dealer wouldnt let me take the car home today. They said i could pick it up at midnight, but I don't feel comfortable taking a new car off the lot in the middle of the night. So, i have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up now.
Has anyone else ran into this problem?

·
Registered
346 Posts
wow, never heard of that man!! Sorry to hear!

Good luck getting to sleep tonight though with thoughts of a new car running through your mind:dancing:

·
Registered
637 Posts
My agent made a similar mistake when I picked up my car. And he screwed up the quote too, by like $500/year in his favor. I have a new insurance company now :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
You get 30 days to shop around but only if you purchase the temp insurance with the dealer. For me it was around, 200 bucks, didn't want to pay that so i went and got my insurance. I had some what of a difficult time to. While i was waiting around for my car to arrive, i was shopping around for insurance. No one would insured a car that i didn't have yet for one. So i waited, and when i finally got the car, the insurance wanted to see the car to take pics, i was like i can't take the car out without having the insurance first. I heard that from a couple of people, but finally, they faxed over the insurance and gave me a waiver to get the car to them same day to take pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts