8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,717 Posts

just got mine in the Mail... It was used but I got it for $75 bucks on eBay.. I don't think it will do much but for $75 why not?

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
yes...

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
i got the tcsportline strut brace for my coupe it says it fits the sedan but it fits the coupe too it makes a big difference
you feel the car tighter

·
Registered
649 Posts
Chase said:
I don't think it will do much but for $75 why not?
...because I could find plenty of other much more worthy things to spend 75 dollars on....
...next time you could give me the money and save yourself from tacking on that bit of more weight with no benefits... :smile:

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Strut bar has no benefits? Anything that reduces body flex has benefits, but suffers from its cons too.

If you're a daily driver, and don't track it, it's useless however.

·
Registered
649 Posts
your car flex that much? drive my old camaro and then you'll think your civic is solid concrete.

we aren't driving around wet noodles everybody, structural rigidity and stiffness isn't exactly an issue we have anymore...right along with so many other production cars nowadays as well.
- there have been multiple articles on how chassis stiffeners (even multiples used in concert with one another) don't hardly net any sort of performance benefit, and we're talking track times here.

will your car "feel" more rigid or stiffer? possibly.
will that actually help you with anything at all? no.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
LucasBlack said:
...because I could find plenty of other much more worthy things to spend 75 dollars on....
...next time you could give me the money and save yourself from tacking on that bit of more weight with no benefits... :smile:
Oh ok... Ya what's your paypal... I was just about to send some money for potentially worthless products. Glad your being a great guy man, whew... I will send you the money instead so it's put to good use instead of Me buying worthess things for My car.

I got it for $75... Im sure I could sell this and turn a profit seeing as how a new one is almost $300.

·
Registered
649 Posts
see now, turning it around for a profit is probably the best thing you could do with that thing....if you had mentioned that as a possible future for it, i wouldn't have said anything. :smile:

...of course, is that all-together ethical? perhaps not, but let's not the raise the bar too high today...

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
im going to install it and then test it out with some aggressive driving.. I already have Ever Megan underbrace, Progress Rear sway, HFP shocks, Progress Springs, SPC Camber kits...at least I didnt buy that B pillar bar from Battle endless lol...

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Uhh wow, I forgot I was in this thread...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts